Wet bun ENVY!!! We need a brainstorm session!!

FluffyRed

I am sooo jelly of those ladies who can cowash frequently and go to work with a wet bun!!

My hair is not long enough for a bun, but cowashing makes my hair feel the best! :lick: I have an almost-shoulder-length bob.

Here are the limitations:

- my hair has no "curl pattern" when wet (wash n go is not a cute option)
- Using Sylver's scarf method, it air dries smooth on top, but the ends hang out, making it fuzzy on the bottom
- very fine texture, so low-mani would be optimal

Is there a way for us short-haired sistas to cowash 3x weekly and Still be presentable? (aside from rollersets)

When doing Sylver's scarf method, you can put your hair in a ponytail and braid or twist the ends. So when your pony dries, It'll be cute and wavy

Or you can do twistouts and braidouts, and wear your hair curly :yep:

When doing Sylver's scarf method, you can put your hair in a ponytail and braid or twist the ends. So when your pony dries, It'll be cute and wavy

Or you can do twistouts and braidouts, and wear your hair curly :yep:

That may be THE ANSWER!!!

shortest.thread.EVER!

has anyone ever used a soft molding product to make ends kinda hug the neck?

it may sound bad and i just made a post about this, but when i started transitioning i was at a bob, when i co washed i would use moose and keep scrunching my hair up throughout the process of getting ready for whatever and wherever i had to do and be, then as it dried so more, scrunch some more, i then applied some anti-frizz or moisturizer so my hair wouldn't dry hard like what moose normally does.

it defined some sort of crunchiness/curl like look and it stayed like that because of the moose. it got me where i am now, i may need to resort back to it

Lots of ladies here use rollers on their ends when doing twist outs and braidouts. I saw some black satin covered foam rollers at CVS :yep:

I have a bob that's a little longer than chin length. I do braidouts and use perm rods or the sponge rollers in the satin bag on the ends.

I also do pin ups by doing it in pieces (like 3 pieces) since I can't just neatly slick it all back.

it may sound bad and i just made a post about this, but when i started transitioning i was at a bob, when i co washed i would use moose and keep scrunching my hair up throughout the process of getting ready for whatever and wherever i had to do and be, then as it dried so more, scrunch some more, i then applied some anti-frizz or moisturizer so my hair wouldn't dry hard like what moose normally does.

it defined some sort of crunchiness/curl like look and it stayed like that because of the moose. it got me where i am now, i may need to resort back to it

i do this too, but i only use conditioner. i used to use mouse, but with conditioner or leave in conditioner it comes out really soft and touchable.

guess what worked for the scarf method on short hair?

After you wrap the scarf, tie another scarf around your neck, like a choker! It gets those 3 inch hairs on the nape!!!

Thanks ladies, those suggestions worked. Now I'm at SL and am able to WET BUN!!!

(albeit very sloppily - a few pieces are hanging, but I see a neat wet bun in my future !!!)

Next step, trying it with condish still in, like TexturedTresses suggested.

YAY

Back