WEN questions

FoxxyLocs

For those of you who use WEN, do you use the whole kit, or only the conditioner?

How long does a 16 oz. bottle last?

Is there anyone who didn't like it? If so, why not?

I'm thinking about trying it b/c everyone seems to love it. It would be nice to have a product that can serve as a shampoo/conditioner/DC/leave-in to simplify my wash day routine, but I normally don't spend a lot of money on products so I'm a little apprehensive.

I did do a search, but the threads were really long with people mostly gushing over the conditioners and buying up gallons and gallons :lachen:

TIA for your feedback!

I dont have the whole kit but I do have the Replenishing mist (along with the 613 cleansing conditioner and the Mango coconut) and its wonderful

I only get 2 Fig 16 oz cleansers every 90 days.

I usually don't run out and I use it 3-4 times a month as my "shampoo".

I just recently tried 613 and I may switch my autoship to that. I love Wen.

Last edited:
I dont have the whole kit but I do have the Replenishing mist (along with the 613 cleansing conditioner and the Mango coconut) and its wonderful

lamaria211, what does the mist do for you?

I only get 2 Fig 16 oz cleansers every 90 days.

I usually don't run out and I use it 3-4 times a month as my "shampoo".

I just recently tried 613 and I may switch my autoship to that. I love Wen.

grownwomanaz, thats not too bad. So you leaving the Fig for 613?

I use the mist as a moisturizer I love it, it smells great and it leaves my hair feeling like its been conditioned. Last time I used it I sealed with oil but I dont need to. Next time I use it I will try it as a leave in

ZebraPrintLover I'm still debating on whether or not I will switch. I like the smell of 613a lot better than Fig, but I'm not convinced it's better than Fig. I need to use 613 a few more times.

Thanks ladies! I think I will give it a try. The Guthy Renker site has the 12 oz. conditioner, styling cream, and texture balm for $30. Or I could just get a 16 oz. conditioner for the same price from QVC. I'm thinking it would be worth it to get the kit so I can try the other products, then order from QVC for refills.

Any other responses?

Sent from my HTC Evo

I just read all the reviews about excess shedding and people getting bald spots after using wen. Maybe I'll just stick with what I know.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Read the ingredients theyre all great theres nothing that would cause balding. If someone has shedding than they would have probably have had it with whatever products they used. I must admit I do like reviews but I also like to try things out for myself in the end:)

I love Wen and Definitely 613. I personally started out with the kit. Your able to taste sample a little of everything and draw your conclusion. I am glad I did, I like the texture balm, styling cream and Re-Moist Intensive treatment on top of the rest :yep:

ZebraPrintLover go ahead and get it lady LOL 613 for life

I did read the ingredients, but there are a lot of reviews about shedding, not just a few like I've seen with other products. Plus I don't think I ever remember reading about a conditioner that caused balding. Conditioners are generally pretty mild, so that concerned me.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I did read the ingredients, but there are a lot of reviews about shedding, not just a few like I've seen with other products. Plus I don't think I ever remember reading about a conditioner that caused balding. Conditioners are generally pretty mild, so that concerned me.

Sent from my HTC Evo

My best guess is that they had an existing scalp condition (sborric dermatitis), and weren't addressing it. Wen isn't a scalp care cleanser, so just using Wen alone won't cut it if you have a scalp condition. I poo Very Rarely now, but I do make sure to add Neem Oil to my weekly DC for scalp health. Wen has never caused me any shedding, or bald spots.

Back