WEN leaves your hair dirty????

Kinky4Agirl

Hi Ladies,
I was talking to a few of my co workers yesterday and they started talking about using wen products. They said the wen shampoo does not clean the hair the way it is supposed to. One of them said she had been using their shampoo for about 6 months and when she went to the beauty salon her stylist asked her why she hadn't washed her hair. She said she had and the stylist said her hair was filthy. She washes her hair at home once a week. The other co worker said the same thing. She said her hair was not as clean as what she was used to. I have never used the products but I just wanted to spread the word. It may be good for some or most of you guys but there are some out there that wouldn't touch it.

I have not had any problems with using Wen to clean my hair. After use my hair feels, looks, and smells clean.

I just started using it this year. I'm natural, use heavy styling products and it gets my hair sufficiently clean. It is not my favorite co-wash ('cause of the price), but I like it.

If you're interested in using it, why don't you try it for yourself. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I agree with january noir; sounds like they're not using it properly.

I've only been using Wen a few weeks, but I know that in order to actually cleanse the hair, you have to make sure you're using enough of the product to saturate your head of hair. My hair is always clean and smells & feels amazing after using 613.

I love Wen, but for me, it is not enough of a cleanser by itself. I love it for cowashing but I use a shampoo and Wen as my conditioner for weekly washing.

I use Wen and also use a clarifying shampoo. I get a dirty, gunky scalp even if I use regular shampoo because I naturally have an oily scalp. I have to clarify often!

i don't think i will just use WEN only. i use cones, so i will continue to use shampoo. why aren't folks clarifying? i thought WEN was just like using any other cleansing cream or cowashing.

WEN 613 leaves my hair squeaky clean. I haven't tried the other WEN products so I have no comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I think it's because people are so used to using a harsh surfactant that totally STRIPS every good thing from their hair, they aren't used to soft moisturized hair....

the stylist saiddd---hmmmmmmmm sounds more like come to me $$$

wen cleansessss....it does do what it states it does.....you have to use the proper amount that your hair needs....when you are washing/cleansing your hair with wen...you should like anything else run the water until is is clear..as in no residue...

the stylist saiddd---hmmmmmmmm sounds more like come to me $$$

wen cleansessss....it does do what it states it does.....you have to use the proper amount that your hair needs....when you are washing/cleansing your hair with wen...you should like anything else run the water until is is clear..as in no residue...

Wen doesnt leave a residue anyways so they are definitely doing something wrong

I think it depends what products they are using with Wen. I use the Wen 613 as well as Sabino Moisture Block which is a cone. I get my hair rollerset every week and I use Sabino before its roller set and then another cone afterwards. With the cones AND Wen, I HAVE to use a clarifying shampoo. If I use the cones and the Wen 613 without clarifying my scalp and hair will show signs of buildup very quickly. I clarify every week using Nuetrogena and then I use the Wen 613 with no problems at all.

Another "Wenner" checking in. I have removed Blue Magic and Ojon with no problems. My flavors are Ginger Pumpkin, WVM, and Pom.

Another "Wenner" checking in. I have removed Blue Magic and Ojon with no problems. My flavors are Ginger Pumpkin, WVM, and Pom.

Exactly, we use many products on our hair, heavy ones at that and get results and these two talking about their hair is dirty.

Back