Wen Haircare

vpoetic

Well after hearing all the good reviews about Wen Haircare, I finally decided to try it for myself and the end result was "average". I was very surprise to find that it had fragrance in the shampoo, but it was the last line, so not too bad. Also I didnt' find anything too special in the list of ingredients. I mean yeah they did had different herbs, but it wasn't like wow. But anyways, after washing my hair, which include using the hair treatment, my hair didn't feel moisturize. The products also didn't help with detangling nor added shine or anything else that they promised. So in conclusion, "in my opinion" you can find cheaper version of this product at walmart.

Thanks for your review, I've never used it but have heard some positive feedback so far. It is nice to get another perspective :)

Which one did you use? Lavender and cucumber mint did nothing for me. I plan to use them to wash my dog. Fig on the otherhand, is a KEEPER! Love it. Moisturizes and gives my hair beautiful movement.

ETA: Sweet Almond Mint not Cucumber Mint

Last edited:
I am a true PJ but I just am not intrigued enough to pay $28 for the small amount. I have looked at these multiple times but just not feeling it enough to buy. Cuz all I think about is how much Hairveda or SheScentIt or Jasmines I could buy instead, lol:)

I've used all 4 different kinds, and they did nothing for my hair. A year later, I tried it again for a while. And still, nothing special. I've even tried Sally's BSS Hair One and I liked that more, but not enough to use it regularly.

I've only used the Sweet Almond Mint WEN and I liked it. It made my wash days incredibly short and my hair air dried soft and fluffy. Just like you, I've heard HairOne is even better and of course, less expensive. One thing I can say about WEN (and other products like it), it's great for traveling. All you need is one bottle. I'm going to try HairOne Olive Oil soon. You mentioned there are other products at Walmart like this one? Can you remember the name?

Which one did you use? Lavender and cucumber mint did nothing for me. I plan to use them to wash my dog. Fig on the otherhand, is a KEEPER! Love it. Moisturizes and gives my hair beautiful movement.

ETA: Sweet Almond Mint not Cucumber Mint

I tried the Sweet Almond Mint. Let me know how your dog like it :grin:. I may use it for mine. My dog has type 3c it get really curly after it get wet.

I tried Wen, and it wasn't that I didn't like it...it worked just fine. I just had issues with some things.

1. It's way overpriced. The ingredients aren't special, super high quality, nor do they come from a rainforest in South America so there's really no reason for the price to be so high.

2. Every single conditioner smelled like cough syrup to me. Especially the fig. I just could not get with that.

3. The thing I hated the absolute most was the bottle design. The pump doesn't reach anywhere near the bottom and because it's so thick, you can barely get the last few inches of product out. It was ridiculous. So not only are you paying a ridiculous amount, but then they insult you by making it super difficult for you to get all the product out.

Now I use Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint conditioner to cowash and it works just as well, smells better, and is only 4$ for 32oz. Can't beat that.

I tried Wen, and it wasn't that I didn't like it...it worked just fine. I just had issues with some things.

1. It's way overpriced. The ingredients aren't special, super high quality, nor do they come from a rainforest in South America so there's really no reason for the price to be so high.

2. Every single conditioner smelled like cough syrup to me. Especially the fig. I just could not get with that.

3. The thing I hated the absolute most was the bottle design. The pump doesn't reach anywhere near the bottom and because it's so thick, you can barely get the last few inches of product out. It was ridiculous. So not only are you paying a ridiculous amount, but then they insult you by making it super difficult for you to get all the product out.

Now I use Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint conditioner to cowash and it works just as well, smells better, and is only 4$ for 32oz. Can't beat that.

I love Wen, but I completely agree with you about the bottle design. What I do is cut the bottle with an exacto knife and take a spatula and dump it into a plastic tupperware container. I just scoop out what I need.

Back