Well I Mini Chopped! BC coming soon!

Yeah, I've gotten tired of the relaxed hair...so I mini chopped! I BC'ed the back 1/2 of my hair. I'm loving it so far, even though I have some relaxed end still hanging on, still have to clean them up. I'll post some pics later on this week once I get rid of the rest of the relaxed ends. I am going to BC very soon as well! I can't wait any longer, I wanna be a natural girl.:yep:

Okay, so I have some questions. For those who have transitioned, did you find that once you got rid of all your relaxed ends, your natural hair reacted better to conditioning? My biggest issue during my transition was that my relaxed ends seemed to drink up all the conditioner. Hopefully once I BC I'll see my hair react better to products.

Also, I'm excited to see my hairtype in all its glory. But I'm still confused. I don't see much curl definition after I wash/condition...but once I add a little styling product, I see defined curls galore! So I'm guessing that would be 4a/b? That's great! Any tips for a soon to be 100% natural??

Congrats on your decision to go natural. I didn't transition that long to give you any advice but I would say that you just have to experiment. Believe me your natural hair requires less work than your relaxed hair but it still requires work. Right now I am still trying to find what products work and which ones don't...the ones that worked on my relaxed hair don't work on my natural hair...crazy how it works like that

I just chopped some more early this morning (about 3-4 AM, I could not sleep and wanted to take out my sew-in) It is now about two inches all over (this is from about a half inch from bra strap- (Smiling- glad I did it) This is going to be interesting. Well at least I didn't shave it like I did three years ago. Anywho, what I am seeing right now is about a quarter to half an inch or relaxed ends that dry kind of stiff and hard but the roots lay slightly smooth and the hair in between the ugly relaxed ends and the smooth roots coil in coils about the diameter of a pencil. The root and coily hair holds moisture nicely. Yeah, this is going to be interesting. Haven't seen my natural hair since I was a child. I am curious. The reason I didn't cut the slight quarter inch of relaxer is because I will clean that up next time. Besides I wanted to use some of the length for an attempt at kinky twists. I was checking out Sareca's. They look really nice. I also like the first set that LondonDiva did (the ones without the braids at the beginning) So I will experiement (I always do :drunk: that is is what got me on this natural journey in the first place. I did not say a word to anyone except my best friend and even she doesn't know how short I cut my hair. Oh well it will be back shortly :rolleyes:. I will stick with my old tried and true when caring for the twists....the Crown and Glory Method. Its simple and works every time.

Congrats on your decision to go natural. I didn't transition that long to give you any advice but I would say that you just have to experiment. Believe me your natural hair requires less work than your relaxed hair but it still requires work. Right now I am still trying to find what products work and which ones don't...the ones that worked on my relaxed hair don't work on my natural hair...crazy how it works like that

Thanks! Seems like cheapie products work on my natural hair better than they worked on my relaxed hair. I'm having no breakage issues or anything! I'm just waiting on my hair to grow. It's a great life!:grin:

I just chopped some more early this morning (about 3-4 AM, I could not sleep and wanted to take out my sew-in) It is now about two inches all over (this is from about a half inch from bra strap- (Smiling- glad I did it) This is going to be interesting. Well at least I didn't shave it like I did three years ago. Anywho, what I am seeing right now is about a quarter to half an inch or relaxed ends that dry kind of stiff and hard but the roots lay slightly smooth and the hair in between the ugly relaxed ends and the smooth roots coil in coils about the diameter of a pencil. The root and coily hair holds moisture nicely. Yeah, this is going to be interesting. Haven't seen my natural hair since I was a child. I am curious. The reason I didn't cut the slight quarter inch of relaxer is because I will clean that up next time. Besides I wanted to use some of the length for an attempt at kinky twists. I was checking out Sareca's. They look really nice. I also like the first set that LondonDiva did (the ones without the braids at the beginning) So I will experiement (I always do :drunk: that is is what got me on this natural journey in the first place. I did not say a word to anyone except my best friend and even she doesn't know how short I cut my hair. Oh well it will be back shortly :rolleyes:. I will stick with my old tried and true when caring for the twists....the Crown and Glory Method. Its simple and works every time.

Congrats! That's a HUGE step! I still have my relaxed ends up top because I need them to still wear a ponytail/phony pony. It's so exciting to see my texture come to light. Hope your journey goes well!

Back