Well - I am officially SHOCKED

Tracy

But thrilled because this kind of stuff NEVER seems to work on me...

I am in love. The subject of my adoration - Sta Sof Fro Conditioning Hair and Scalp Cream which is basically like a gel-cream...

I never like activator sprays - they are too wet and messy on me....but I do want the benefits of using one. I was liking CFC Gold - but it began to feel too sticky....it always felt a little sticky to me actually.

Anyway - this stuff ROCKS. I have had MAJOR hard, brittle hair problems. Between the weather in NY, my coloring lunacy, and the protein treatments I've been doing to keep my hair on my head after the coloring nuttiness, my hair really needed a GOOD moisturizer. This gel-cream fits the bill. Doesn't small too good - but that's nothing a little of my special oil concotion can't take care of.
smile.gif
And interestingly - I can wear my hair down with it unlike a lot of the reviews I read. It's very light and doesn't seem to build up! ANd my hair is ULTRA FINE.

Thank you to whomever it was that began raving about this on the other thread. Even my edges are happy again.

I know exactly what your talking about I made my comments on this product already. I'm using on my braids to keep my hair that is braided moisturized. It works great and it's not heavy.

I never heard of the gel (where can I get some of dat?) but I tried the spray. The smell is too masculine for me but the stuff does make your hair feel ultra soft. I too like it better than the activator sprays because it's not as sticky. This is probably because it contains more water than the activator. I use it at night with a little oil and tie my hair down. Next day, really soft. I like!
smile.gif

Corbins - it was the gel cream you used? Well thank you - it was probably your comments that sent me to the store then!
smile.gif
I looked for the post last night but I couldn't find it....trying to see if it was this product or the spray that had been recommended.

SSC I don't apply it to any more of my new growth than my edges (just a preference of mine. I hate stuff directly on my scalp and I can't get to my new growth with products without catching some scalp) but the edges were the bomb. I notice the difference between my edges new growth and the middle of the head new growth....

There's no comparison in the softness.

right jaibee....thats why I put up another post - because I thought the spray was what was being reviewed before. Corbins mentioned that she uses the same thing tho - so there's more info on this stuff somewhere on the board. Recently.

Wow Tracy that sounds great! I'm the one who started the Sta-Sof-Fro thread, but that was about the Spray. It looks like you've found another Sta-Sof-Fro product that's good for wearing our hair down!!! That's great! I'm going to have to get some of that ASAP!!!

Okie dokie! I'll be on the look out 4 it! Thanks 4 the review!
Thanks 2 U too CORBINS! (I read ur post on it as well. )

Thanx for the review Tracy. Does this product have mineral oil in it? I just began using CFC Gold Spray and I like it much better than the S Curl...but of course Id love to chek this one out...not that I need another moisturizer!

PS. I just replenished my UANs Crema...Besos to you for getting me hooked on this...YUM!

Mineral Oil....
scratchchin.gif
- checking....

No!
smile.gif

There's Mink oil....

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol (a mositurizer of some kind I think), Cetearyl Alchohol (a fatty alchohol), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, PPG-10 Cetyl Ether, PEG-75 Lanolin, Hydrolyzed Collagen (watch for this guys - I think it's considered protein, tho I'm not sure if it'd be a drying formulation - Supergirl's post about protein's might help on this tip), Tocopherol Acetate (Vit. E), Mink Oil, Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone (watch - those who are cone sensitive), Dicetyldimodium Chloride (heh? the rest are all heh's?), Isopropyl Lanolate, Mehtylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea (pee?
laugh.gif
just jokes y'all I'm sure it's not pee), Fragrance, Colors.

smile.gif

Y besos a ti Luna....I'm SO glad you like the Uans...I'm considering re-stocking myself. All your raves are giving me a hankering.
laugh.gif
YUM indeed!
grin.gif

Also a note in light of the recent post about gas station girl and the hair that burst into flames....

As I was posting the ingredients I noticed it does say that "Hair is flammable. The flammability is increased when hair is treated with products of this type..." - so careful pumping ladies....

The costs of moisturized hair are many. Thank God for public transportation!
laugh.gif

sithembile - UANS is a brand of conditioner. A seach on the board will produce a few reviews for you to read.
smile.gif

Butterfly - I got mine at CVS. I see no reason why they mayn't have it at another drugstore.
smile.gif

Back