Weekly Protein

growingbrown

I want to know is it ok to do weekly protein treatment with/without moisture treatments? The reason I ask this is because my hair seems not to retain moisture. No matter how much moisture I use, it seems not to be moisturized. I did an avocado protein and moisture mask (thanks goes to Candy C), which I loved. It seemed like my hair got stronger but still dry :( I was with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I see some of you ladies with beautiful hair thats shinny and strong and mine look dull and dry. Please Ladies HELP What else can I do?

growingbrown said:
I want to know is it ok to do weekly protein treatment with/without moisture treatments? The reason I ask this is because my hair seems not to retain moisture. No matter how much moisture I use, it seems not to be moisturized. I did an avocado protein and moisture mask (thanks goes to Candy C), which I loved. It seemed like my hair got stronger but still dry :( I was with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I see some of you ladies with beautiful hair thats shinny and strong and mine look dull and dry. Please Ladies HELP What else can I do?
Try Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. My hair loved it!!! It is somewhat expensive, but you'll probably see difference. I did and it motivated me keep my formerly dry hair nourished and moisturized.

Once your hair is drinking up moisture again, you can alternate between some other less expensive products if you want to. You can purchase the "Try Me" Kit from Sephora, QVC or at www.ojonhaircare.com.

Have you tried the baggy technique? This always works for me when I need moisture especially after a hard protein treatment. I slather a moisturizer (QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream or ORS Olive Oil) on my hair then sleep w/ a plastic cap on for a few nights. My hair is totally moisturized after this. HTH

ETA: Some ladies use a light protein weekly, I use one every 2-3 weeks. I always follow w/ a moisturizing conditioner & leave in.

Hmm, recently I added some Nexxus Keraphix to my Elucence MB conditioner, and my hair is LOVING it!!! Keraphix is a light protein, and my hair is accepting moisture better now that I've added Keraphix to my rinse-out conditioner. I do leave some Elucence in my hair, too.

Ebonygurl00 said:
Hmm, recently I added some Nexxus Keraphix to my Elucence MB conditioner, and my hair is LOVING it!!! Keraphix is a light protein, and my hair is accepting moisture better now that I've added Keraphix to my rinse-out conditioner. I do leave some Elucence in my hair, too.

Thanks Ebony. I think I will try that this weekend. Do you do this every week?

growingbrown said:
Thanks Ebony. I think I will try that this weekend. Do you do this every week?

I use the Elucence with Keraphix added everyday. It's just the right amount of protein to not make my hair too moisurized or too hard.

Ebonygurl00 said:
I use the Elucence with Keraphix added everyday. It's just the right amount of protein to not make my hair too moisurized or too hard.

Wooooo, I like that.

Back