Wedding South Florida

ommns

We are getting married in the summer of 2017 in Florida. We are interested in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Hollywood. Anyone know of a nice but not too expensive location in these areas? A hotel would be preferable since 90% of the guests will be coming from out of town. Thanks.

@Pygmy_puff I'm having my reception there in February. How's your planning going?

Oh, nice! Don't you love it?? I think it's just so charming and the campus is pretty.
Planning is going well. I just moved to VA about a month ago so I had to hand the reins over to my mom to complete the last few things I can't handle remotely. Do you have a theme for your wedding? What are your colors?

Oh, nice! Don't you love it?? I think it's just so charming and the campus is pretty.
Planning is going well. I just moved to VA about a month ago so I had to hand the reins over to my mom to complete the last few things I can't handle remotely. Do you have a theme for your wedding? What are your colors?

I was thinking that I want a vintage theme but I'm not really sure how to implement it. I didn't get the full wedding package. I will only have the tiki hut and auditorium. I'm trying to find an affordable hotel nearby for the girls and I to get ready. I hired a decorator but I want to add a few things. My colors are fuschia, silver, and ivory. Originally I wanted to go with a Great Gatsby theme but the chiavari chairs they offer are mahogany.

I was thinking that I want a vintage theme but I'm not really sure how to implement it. I didn't get the full wedding package. I will only have the tiki hut and auditorium. I'm trying to find an affordable hotel nearby for the girls and I to get ready. I hired a decorator but I want to add a few things. My colors are fuschia, silver, and ivory. Originally I wanted to go with a Great Gatsby theme but the chiavari chairs they offer are mahogany.

Yes I am going with a vintage/old Florida theme too. I would love to get all the perfect vintage chairs and decor, but renting all that stuff adds up $$! What's great about the venue is that it's already an antique so it pretty much vintages itself.

I love your color combination! Sounds very unique. I'm doing pink, peach, and gold. My girls are wearing peach dresses from David's Bridal. I'm wearing an ivory lace gown.

If you are looking for a hotel nearby, the Holiday Inn Express is only two miles away. I just reserved a block there for my guests. I've stayed at a couple different HIE's before, and I always find them to be good quality. There's also the Renaissance. It looks nice too, but it's a little farther away (4 miles.)

Yes I am going with a vintage/old Florida theme too. I would love to get all the perfect vintage chairs and decor, but renting all that stuff adds up $$! What's great about the venue is that it's already an antique so it pretty much vintages itself.

I love your color combination! Sounds very unique. I'm doing pink, peach, and gold. My girls are wearing peach dresses from David's Bridal. I'm wearing an ivory lace gown.

If you are looking for a hotel nearby, the Holiday Inn Express is only two miles away. I just reserved a block there for my guests. I've stayed at a couple different HIE's before, and I always find them to be good quality. There's also the Renaissance. It looks nice too, but it's a little farther away (4 miles.)

Thank you so much! I will look into both of the hotels. Your colors are beautiful. My sister's wedding was the same color. My girls dresses came from Naomi's bridal. She has great rates. My dress is also ivory and lace. Did you rent a limo or vintage car yet?

Thank you so much! I will look into both of the hotels. Your colors are beautiful. My sister's wedding was the same color. My girls dresses came from Naomi's bridal. She has great rates. My dress is also ivory and lace. Did you rent a limo or vintage car yet?
No I haven't rented one because we are having the ceremony on-site. I was looking at A-1 limo as a possible shuttle option for guests after the reception. Are you going with a vintage car? I bet that would make for an awesome entrance for the wedding party!

No I haven't rented one because we are having the ceremony on-site. I was looking at A-1 limo as a possible shuttle option for guests after the reception. Are you going with a vintage car? I bet that would make for an awesome entrance for the wedding party!

I wanted to but vintage car companies that I called are charging around 300 an hour.

Hi Ladies,

We decided to postpone for a year to 2018. I not sure if we will still have it in Florida. Right now, we are just saving and will decide mid 2017 where we want to get married. Thanks.

How is the wedding planning going? I'm starting to let my nerves get the best of me.

How is the wedding planning going? I'm starting to let my nerves get the best of me.
Girl, I am almost at the end of my rope! :alcoholic:There's so many darn details. My poor mother is trying her best to help but she is also driving me up the wall. I just can't wait until all the planning is over and I can just relax and enjoy the day!

Do you know how you are going to style your hair?? I am going crazy trying to find a stylist that does natural hair and has experience with weddings.

Girl, I am almost at the end of my rope! :alcoholic:There's so many darn details. My poor mother is trying her best to help but she is also driving me up the wall. I just can't wait until all the planning is over and I can just relax and enjoy the day!

Do you know how you are going to style your hair?? I am going crazy trying to find a stylist that does natural hair and has experience with weddings.

I know the feeling. I just want the marriage to start. The planning part is no fun. Pinterest was my best friend for hairstyles. This is going to be my hairstyle. The person who is doing my hair did my sister's for her wedding. I can PM her info if you want. My sister is natural by the way. She also does makeup.
http://pin.it/8T-nYgn

I know the feeling. I just want the marriage to start. The planning part is no fun. Pinterest was my best friend for hairstyles. This is going to be my hairstyle. The person who is doing my hair did my sister's for her wedding. I can PM her info if you want. My sister is natural by the way. She also does makeup.
http://pin.it/8T-nYgn
WOW! That hairstyle is pure old Hollywood glam. I love it! Yes please PM me her info! Thank you!

Back