Wedding Paperie Designs Designs

Kneechay

This aspect of a wedding is something that outsiders first see and it helps give an impression of what kind of event it will be. I've gotten some not so impressive paperie in the mail and it's made me be a little :ohwell: about the
upcoming event.

The best way to get ideas is to scour the net and get all the local bridal mags you can find to get great ideas. See, a lot of people think paperie has to be expensive, but it doesn't. I even think the sites with the templates are expensive. I'm cheap, but I don't compromise taste. If you find a design you're inspired by, it's a good idea to find a good designer to make it, then get them printed on your own, locally. You save so much money which can be allocated elsewhere.

I made my sister's line sister's save the dates and she saved $250 and got them the same day. What could be better?

I wanted to use this thread to brainstorm ideas on great paperie we've seen online, please post yours. Here are just a few, but when i get off work, i'll post more to this thread along with STD (lol) & other wedding paperie.

this is doing a lot, but i do appreciate their logo, i LOVE wedding logos.
heirloom_suite.jpg

event.house.web2.5.jpg

Event-House-WiH-2011-feature.jpg

black%20bold%20beautiful%201.jpg

Some friends want to save money and a good option is Cards & Pockets. They sell the envelopes and cards. I've helped friends by designing everything for the inserts and they just order the signature pocketfolds and we print the inserts for a low price at a local printer on card stock. Here are some good ideas:
fuschia_cobalt.jpg

julie%20canaway.jpg

katy%20green%20lockhart.jpg

kristen%20krueger%20shapiro.jpg

lauren%20kuntz.jpg

i like the simplicity of these...
lisa%20tran.jpg

marissa%20bowman.jpg

patricia%20almas%20cordeiro.jpg

robin%20bascom.jpg

They have more ideas on their blog

I like them, but I'm partial to big, embossed, decorative extravagant designs you know, like these badd boys:
P1000576_jpg_-_LR.jpg

Paperie? Is that the couture way to say paper? :lol:

I do agree with you though. The invitations don't have to be expensive, but they should be nice. I received a real basic, borderline tacky wedding invite and was surprised the bride chose it. Her wedding was actually gorgeous, she just didn't care about the invitations. That's ok, but you can actually get cheap ones that are nice.

Last edited:
I am fairly picky about invitations. I do use it as a measuring stick of sorts for the upcoming event. However, I do understand the costs may be prohibitive. I remember doing invitations for my parents' 30th anniversary and I spent $$$ and time on those and they were pretty simple. So, I try to be understanding.

I need to find nice paperie for my thank you/welcome notes for my welcome bags. Suggestions?????

Thank you notes can be simple on 4x6 or smaller cardstock paper. You can get them made anywhere. If it were me, I'd design it then get several printed and cut on cardstock at a local printer. You can get colored paper if you want to be a little more fancy, but only print in B&W

discount-wedding-invitations.jpg

I am so in love with this one...I generally have simple tastes like this, but it depends..

orighome1weddinginvitat.jpg

wedding%20invitation3.jpg

I love this one too and I think pocketfolds (like some of the ones you posted Nichi) are VERY popular right now too..

fall-wedding-invitations-02.jpg

I think it's all about the elements, you can get really great affordable paper from numerous places, design your invite, have it printed, and then customize it with your own monogram, labels, belly bands and other things such as embossing and make a FABULOUS item that wow's your guests...

Last edited:
I made all the paper products for my upcoming wedding. My favorite are my invites because FH and I letterpressed them and put the together ourselves. Pictures attached are of our test invites to make sure everything lined up properly. When i called around to get quotes I was told what I wanted will cost about $6000 but I got everything done for $585. What cost a lot was just getting the polymare plates made. Letterpressing is my hobby so it was fun doing this. we had some snafus but all in all they came out perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 48
You can buy illustration from places like istock photos and then modify it to meet your needs in illustrator. For those who don't have illustrator or photo shop sign up on the adobe website to use it free for 30days. Design your invites within those 30 days and you will be good to go. Or if you are a student you get the full suite for way less than you will ever get it. If all else fails find a friend or someone on the board who can help you with the design and then you just print and add embellishments.

See everyone talking about designing...any tips on how? Are there templates or what? I would love to add a unique touch.
ETSY is a really good place to find invites. You contact a seller if you see something you like and most will customize it to your colors and send you the pdf of the set so you can print yourself and add any embelleshments you want.
I saw a bride on chocolate brides who added little swarovski crystal elements in her colors to accent her and her FH's names, it was BEAUTIFUL!

Back