Webby's picture instructions for a blowout!

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
J

JenniferMD

Webby\'s picture instructions for a blowout!

Webby posted some step-by-step picture instructions in her album for a successful at-home-blowout in another thread!! I just had dedicate an entire post to them b/c so many members here would like to achieve the blowout without going to a salon, and the pictures do a better job than trying to explain it with just words.

Thanks Webby, your hair looks great!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Re: Webby\'s picture instructions for a blowout!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now my face is a nice shade of red.

I'm glad that I could help.

Click on the What's New link....I thought it needed a pw as well because when you hit the link to my album...it ask for a pw.

The album in the link should take you straight to the pictures. Her hair during pregnancy album is also available for viewing. You do need a password to see the other albums. But her most helpful pictures are the ones you can access without the password.

great instructions webby i always blowdried the whole section now i kno just to do the roots!!

Wow! I finally know how to do this. I was always curious! Thanks Webby. You have beautiful hair BTW.

And thanks to Jenn_MD for putting the word out!

I'll never be able to do that, but it looks awesome, webby--VERY nicely done /images/graemlins/clap.gif!

Great demonstration. /images/graemlins/up.gif Your hair is beautiful! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your hair looks great Webby and thanks for the instructions. I now just have to learn how to rollerset!!! Thanks JenMD for digging this one out!!!

Really good link for a newbie /images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks!

Good job webby! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Your hair looks like it had a lot of bounce after that blowout.

Hi ladies /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm glad that you found the pics helpful. Pictures really do make a difference when you're trying to learn how to do something. Maybe I can take pics on how to do a roller set someday /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awesome! I may try this when I decide to use direct heat on my hair.

Pooh, I could be wrong, but I have never considered this a direct heat method. I consider a flatiron, curling iron or anything hot that physically touches the hair, direct heat...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
Pooh, I could be wrong, but I have never considered this a direct heat method. I consider a flatiron, curling iron or anything hot that physically touches the hair, direct heat...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]WEBBY, I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT.

Webby, I'm fairly new to the board but I wanted to say thank you for posting the blowout pics with instructions. Your hair did look really nice /images/graemlins/up.gif. I wanted to ask you though...what do you use after you wash your hair to set it in the rollers? Leave in, setting lotion? I want to give it a try myself and I notice that the best looking sets are a result of less products used.

This looks GREAT! I think I'll have to try this, it would be great if I could become almost self-sufficient with my hair.

@Tonya and MsK Thank you. Please, post pics if you try it...I'd love to see how it turns out.

@Musiclova I use Nexxus Humectress w/a dab of Sebastian Potion no 9. I sometimes use Lacio Lacio to mix in instead of No. 9.

I prefer creme leave-ins to the liquid. I don't like my hair stiff and it seems that it's always stiff after using the liquids. HTH

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Wow,Webby this is great!!! If only my rollersets were as picture perfect as yours. I'm going to experiment on someone else first so I can learn how to hold the dryer properly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Webby! Very informative.

I don't want to snag the thread, but can we talk about blowouts for a minute?

Webby: What about the thing the ladies put on their thumb and forefinger to protect it from the heat? Do you have one and just didn't use it for the demo?(I actually posted this question in your comments sections but figured this is a more practical way to ask)

Ladies:I went to a place in downtown Atlanta and my 1st experience was awful. The heat was a bit much. However, Angela, the stylist, was very nice. I think I read here somewhere that you can ask them to lower the heat setting a bit. Is this possible? Another thing, someone told me I was supposed to hold my head in a way where the heat wasn't directed on my scalp. Can this be done?
Y'all she burned me so bad in one place I had a blister the next day! /images/graemlins/frown.gif Spots in my head where hurting. Plus, I had no curl, hardly any body I all! Everyone kept asking, "What did she do, just blow your hair straight?"

~op~

Op, I don't use anything on my hands to prevent burning, neither do any of the stylists I've been to. I guess if a stylist, including me, is burning their hand...that means their not pointing the dryer in the right direction.

However, I do admit that I have hit my fingers a couple of times with that hot air and it was NO JOKE.

As for lowering the heat. IMO, and this only my opinion, if the heat is lowered, it is not quite as effective. The lower the heat, the more passes of the blower that is required to get the desired straightness.

That's why my blower is rigged. My hair is very thick, so I need something with some strenth.

The girl we went to here in GA put something over her fingers.

The only way I can descibe it is this way: it looked like someone took a glove made of some thick sort of heavy material and then cut the thumb and forefinger at the base. So then you just slide your fingers in the two sections. It fit like a body glove.

That's what I thought about the lower heat too.

Anyway, thanks so much for the instructions!

~op~

Back