Weaving and braiding for 1 year or more....

Kinkyhairlady

This is my plan but the question is can my hair remain healthy if I opt to do so. I really have no time for my hair and I literally spend most of the winter wearing hats. I’ve gotten some half wigs and will be weaving soon. I just want to know if my hair will remain intact if I start doing this more often. My edges are out with the half wigs and when I weave I will also let them out. I hear a lot of people say you should let your hair breath in-between weaves but does that mean not even wearing wigs in between? Or can I wear wigs while treating it for a week or two?

Yes because web u take off your wig at night you can give your hair a little tlc and weekends you can wash or what every day is your wash day u can take out your braids

I think wearing wigs between installs is perfectly fine. The point is to ease up on tension and manipulation while giving your hair TLC in between installs.

After I bc'ed I went pretty much back to back w/ hardly a break for almost two yrs and my natural hair was really healthy. I'm also planning doing back to back installs this year until I'm sick of it. It is perfectly fine to wear wigs in between installs as long you maintain your moisture.

Back