weaves for stretching relaxers and growth???

NYRICAN

Hi girls I was just wondering how many of you guys have used weaves to help retain length and for how long? I am kind of new to the forum I have done the protective styles and am currently using braids but was seriously contemplating getting a sew in weave to keep me from monitoring my hair so much. LOL I am currently 8 1/2 weeks postrelaxer and am trying to stretch it to 12 to 16 weeks any tips???My hair is currently jaw length in the front and at the bottom of my neck in the back . How long do you guys think it would take to grow to shoulder length??

thx in advance

my .

Last edited:
Years ago I had braided my relaxed hair and each time when I took the braids out my relaxed hair looked like it was shredded. My hair in its relaxed state is too weak to support anything tied in it.

You might try twist outs or bantu knots until your hair is long enough to pull back in a ponytail or bun.

HTH...

I've been using weaves for about 1.5 years. I had some serious damage to start with. Mine have done me pretty well. I'm a 4B.

Well whats worked for me so far is to weave the back portion and to braid the front and keep that in for four weeks at a time but to make sure i was and condition in between and my hair has been growing steadily.

I Have Done Braidouts And Phony Ponies In The Past But Am A Little Tired Of Waking Up Extra Early In The Morning To Style. I Also Go To The Gym 5 Times A Week.

I used to wear weaves on and off before I came to the board, and they were great for retaining length. Last year, I weaved a couple of times to stretch relaxers which worked very well. I even incorporated rinsing my hair with my weaves b/c it is hard to get a good wash.
Overall it works very well for stretching and retaining length while your hair is growing underneath. I only did sew ins!! :D

I used to do weaves to stretch things out, but, this last time when I took my hair down my hair shedded some awful :crying3: ! I had to do a MAJOR PROTEIN TRMT followed by a 4-5 hour moisture trmt. I FINALLY got the shedding under control ! :D I won't be doing any more weaves 4 a while. Instead, I bought a wig ! even better !

Back