weaves are the best!!

ngaa

i had my hair weaved last week in a mel b type of style and i'm so in love with it now!! i even had a manager who came in today to make sure we were doin everything rite at my work stop me and say that he ws sure there were ppl who came in to eat jus so they cud look at my hair!!
trampoline.gif
needless to say i was over the moon and cant get enough of my new BIG statement hair..

one thing tho, it wont stop itchin lik mad
fishslap.gif
i had all my hair cornrowed and because the hair's big the tracks are covered by the hair itself. Bad side to this is that the whole of my scalp is itchin lik mad and i'm afraid all this scratchin will make ppl think i have knits!
grin.gif

for all the weave divas out there who've done the crown and glory technique with a weave, how often did u wash yo hair?? how did u make sure it dried completely without dampness coz i'm afraid of things growin in there
swordfight.gif
and how often should the weave be redone?? and what products did u use on the scalp coz i'm gettin flakes so big they look lik cornflakes and its so bad coz i dont nrmally get dandruf but i do now

how often did u wash yo hair??
I've have the straight weave and I'm getting a wavy weave this week. This allows me to wash it much more often without the weave looking raggidy
laugh.gif
I plan on washing my whole head every week (or 2) and doing conditioner washes daily for the area that is left open (front).
bath2.gif

how did u make sure it dried completely without dampness coz i'm afraid of things growin in there
I let my hair air dry when I have weave it I haven't experienced anything bad. Just make sure you don't go to bed with it wet/damp because that can cause matting
barf.gif
. It doesn't take as long as you think to dry.

and how often should the weave be redone??
6-8 weeks.

and what products did u use on the scalp coz i'm gettin flakes so big they look lik cornflakes and its so bad coz i dont nrmally get dandruf but i do now
I've heard Sulfur 8 is excellent for dandruff.

This post might help:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=123086&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Hope that helps
smile.gif

thanks princess for the reply! I kno what u mean bout the hair lookin raggedy thats y i had it dotn curly coz i hate the look of the fakeness in hair. I was hopin for smething without petroleum tho coz i'm afraid of my pores getin blocked by it.

ngaa,
I'm glad you're having success with your weave. Now for the itchies, you can try ORS herbal cleanse. It's a dry shampoo with lavender that really cleans the scalp and leaves it feeling fresh. Another thing is to get some lemon juice mixed with your favorite eo (I use rosemary and ylang ylang)and clean your scalp with that (it goes on the scalp so it's not drying at all). Last tip if you don't have any of those is to use skin toner or witch hazel whatever brand you like. SeaBreeze is popular one, but I like biore because it has tea tree oil which I can use for my scalp and back because I have back acne (not anymore though)

I've been wearing weaves all year long for 4 weeks at a time with a week in between. And I used all three of those methods to keep my scalp clean. I never shampooed my weaves,only before and after taking them out. I'm taking a break from them now. I got alot of growth, and I want to learn how to deal with it. I'm wearing my own hair in twists now.

i'm currently wearing a straight weave even though i typically wear the wavy hair weave. i just did a relaxer retouch so my hair is pretty straight. after a few weeks i'll probably go back to curly hair.

i currently do my own weave once a week. this is because my ends are really dry and need extra conditioning.i wash and deep condition my hair once a week. i wash the front of my hair (the part that's left out) several times a week.

during the weeks a spray my cornrows with this water/glycerin/lavender oil and aloe combo. it keeps my hair from drying out. it stays a little damp for awhile depending on how often i spray it. so far so good. it does dry if i go a day without spraying it.

im on the wave weave now, my first weave ever, and the itching is driving me crazy. i wash mine every week and moisturize it everyday. my hair seems to growing pretty soft underneath, maybe because of the biotin and WGO that im taking. i plan on getting it redone in 3 weeks and ill prolly (excuse the ghetto shorthand, lol) get a straight bob. im not into long unbelievable weaves.

Hey

I just took out a wavy weave and wore it for 3 months..My hair was braided and none of my hair was showing...

I washed my hair every 2 weeks..but wet my weaved hair lightly and put on some Sebastian Wet gel on it and was good to go..I loved it

Depending on the weather I would just let it air dry...I wouldn't leave the house while it was dripping and as its drying I would play in it so I can get my look
smile.gif

I would always...ALWAYS.. keep my scalp oiled,greased..whatever... If your having alot of itching try putting in Tea Tree Oil or Seabreeze in your hair..it works wonders..

I have my pic in another thread to show u how my weave looked..

Good Luck
smile.gif

How did you manage to keep it in for 3 months? Doesn't the new growth come in underneath the cornrow and makes the track loose?

I'm getting a sewn-in weave in a few weeks and I wanted to know what styles do you guys recommend for people with round faces? I do not want a bob; it doesn't look cute on me. Thanks for all your suggestions.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey

I just took out a wavy weave and wore it for 3 months..My hair was braided and none of my hair was showing...

I washed my hair every 2 weeks..but wet my weaved hair lightly and put on some Sebastian Wet gel on it and was good to go..I loved it

Depending on the weather I would just let it air dry...I wouldn't leave the house while it was dripping and as its drying I would play in it so I can get my look
smile.gif

I would always...ALWAYS.. keep my scalp oiled,greased..whatever... If your having alot of itching try putting in Tea Tree Oil or Seabreeze in your hair..it works wonders..

Good Luck
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey zoe how did you get your weave sewn in so that no hair was left out and no track was showing? i saw the pic the other thread, but i dont know how your hair is styled so that the tracks arent showing

I get mine done around every 3 months, I have a full head weave, straight. I wash my hair once a week with Creme of Nature. This shampoo keeps it from getting all frizzy and dry looking after one wash.

I sit under a hooded dryer to dry my hair, and I use a blow dryer to work on the corn rows to get it 90-95% dry. Keep it moisturized under there! That also helps when you are removing it.

If it does get frizzy and dry looking, just silk it using spritz and a good flat iron.

I remove it myself, realllllllllly carefully. I have a picture if anyone wants to see... or maybe I can post it once I figure out how to.

My beautician braided my hair around in a circle and she added a lil hair to it to give my braids some bulk but not too much.. As my hair grew out I didn't really notice it until I would pull it out to grease my scalp..the only reason why I kept it in so long was because none of my hair was showing..that was actually the longest Ive ever kept one

She sewd those tracks in like the world was going to end and I was about to get buried in it...

I didn't have to retouch it or anything.. that was the best weave I ever had...
[ QUOTE ]
How did you manage to keep it in for 3 months? Doesn't the new growth come in underneath the cornrow and makes the track loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

All I remember is that she started from the back and worked her way around my head..once she got to the top she kinda pt the tracks into the braids instead of on top...since my hair was curly you couldn't see the tracks..even when I tried to flatten my hair it felt like she had the tracks on the inside...

Im confusing myself trying to describe this..lol
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey

smile.gif

Good Luck
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey zoe how did you get your weave sewn in so that no hair was left out and no track was showing? i saw the pic the other thread, but i dont know how your hair is styled so that the tracks arent showing

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting a sewn-in weave in a few weeks and I wanted to know what styles do you guys recommend for people with round faces? I do not want a bob; it doesn't look cute on me. Thanks for all your suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long and layered.

thank u so much ppl 4 the input! zoe which thread was it that u put yo pic in coz i looked for it but cant locate it.

thanks for sharin with us yo pic, it makes sense now wen u were describin how the style was done, i have mine in a similar style except the curls are more lik mel b's and the hairs bigger than yours
grin.gif
big hair for some1 with a big mouth
grin.gif

zoe u've got similiar length hair as mine and u're growin yo hair out in the same ways i'm doin mine as well. How long do u think yo hair has to be before u can put it up into a comfortable bun?? i'm hopin something lik 6?? coz my hair's really kinky and doesnt show length easily

happy hair growin

ngaa and zoe-- i have a question
I want to transition with a weave but I want it to be a good looking weave but also not damage my hair. I was wondering what I should do and what I should tell my stylist.

I have a straight sew-in weave that i just got done saturday, but i had my hairdresser wash and set it today. She washed and set it az if it wuz my hair but focused more on tha cornrowed hair and the front part that was out when shappoing and conditioning. To dry it she sat me under a hooded dryer for about 1/2 hour. The she just bumped the weave. When i get the itchies I just oil my scalp wit some WGO and moisturize the cornrows wit some scurl....so far so good!

lol...With the weave If I let it dry with a diffuser it would have been big like Mel B...but I couldn't see myself blow drying it everyday just to get some length so I wore it like that teased it a little and thats it..lol

When I took my weave out and did the BIG chop I didn't think I had that much hair..my mom was surprised and wanted me to wear it out...I looked at her kinda crazy and told her I was keeping my braid appt. I would say 6-8 inches it would be comfortable..u dont wanna have it too tight and rip out your hairline.. I can put the back in a ponytail but the front has a long way to go..But Im patient once the summer comes around again I should have the length I want..

But good luck girl..
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for sharin with us yo pic, it makes sense now wen u were describin how the style was done, i have mine in a similar style except the curls are more lik mel b's and the hairs bigger than yours
grin.gif
big hair for some1 with a big mouth
grin.gif

zoe u've got similiar length hair as mine and u're growin yo hair out in the same ways i'm doin mine as well. How long do u think yo hair has to be before u can put it up into a comfortable bun?? i'm hopin something lik 6?? coz my hair's really kinky and doesnt show length easily

happy hair growin

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
ngaa and zoe-- i have a question
I want to transition with a weave but I want it to be a good looking weave but also not damage my hair. I was wondering what I should do and what I should tell my stylist.

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice to you is to make sure that your hair isn't badly damaged BEFORE you put the weave in...It will only get worse..IMO

Before you put in any kind of short term hairstyle make sure you give yourself a treatment,sit under the dryer and condition your hair..

Depending on what kind of hairstyle you get you can still wash your hair.. If your scalp is itching try some Tea Tree Oil, Sulfer 8 (blue bottle) or even some Seabreeze it will help alot.

Before I get weaves or braids done I always treat my hair myself and then go to the salon. That way I can take my time and untangle my hair myself. But as your new growth grows your permed hair will get tangled something serious..It drove me crazy..Im glad I finally cut it completely off cause If I didn't my hair would have been really uneven.

Just be honest with your stylist..tell her your letting your permed hair grow out so you can be au natural. They might try and convince you to do otherwise..but its your hair, do what you like. dont let someone convince you to get a style that you dont like. When i told my friends that I wanted a short curly weave they thought the worse until they saw it..

Also, get a style that you can maintain yourself...yeah flip styles look nice but if your not gonna keep it up for however long you keep your weave in then its not worth the money..

Hello All!
are any of you in New York?? If so, please im me or post stylist info. I would really appreciate it. I don't want just anybody in my head. I want to know how much to expect to pay and how tight the braiding is (i'm tenderheaded). All info would be awesome!
thanks
caralexis

I live in queens and I get my hair done not too far from my house..
[ QUOTE ]
Hello All!
are any of you in New York?? If so, please im me or post stylist info. I would really appreciate it. I don't want just anybody in my head. I want to know how much to expect to pay and how tight the braiding is (i'm tenderheaded). All info would be awesome!
thanks
caralexis

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good ngaa.
smile.gif

As for the itching thing, I sewed in a weave last Friday, but I had to take it out yesterday because of the itching factor. I mean dandruff, dandruff everywhere!
nono.gif
Truly disgusting. I am using Sulfur 8 to help get my scalp back in decent condition. I saved the weave hair so that I can sew it back in later.

I suggest you get something for the scalp before it gets outta hand. Mine just started off with regular itching and next thing I know, I'm beating up myself. The flakes were surfacing above the weave it was so bad. I don't know how it happened because I haven't had a dandruff problem like that in a while.
barf.gif

Back