Weave wearers with colored hair or anyone else with advice.

Millahdoowop

How do you care for color treated hair that is in a sew in weave so that it doesn't break? I know a lot of people moisturize until they can't moisturize anymore but protein is also important. How do you do protein treatments on the hair underneath the weave?

I don't see how you would be able to give a protein treatment while you are in a sew-in. Besides, your hair is protected anyway. I always do my treaments between sew-ins.

HoneyDew said:
I don't see how you would be able to give a protein treatment while you are in a sew-in. Besides, your hair is protected anyway. I always do my treaments between sew-ins.
I agree.I just do protein treatment when I take the weave out.

Oh okay, because I'm going to get highlights in the future and I don't want for the weave to have any adverse reactions on my hair. Then I'll just keep doing the protein treatments while my hair is out.

Millah03 said:
Oh okay, because I'm going to get highlights in the future and I don't want for the weave to have any adverse reactions on my hair. Then I'll just keep doing the protein treatments while my hair is out.

I use black color in my hair to intensify my color and I have had no problems. while weaving.

Back