Weave wearers and working out

The hairstyle you are choosing will look better as it gets older. Now, I am not a fan of spending $$$$ on hair. But if you are going to wear weaves for an extended period of time, you may want to invest in some good quality hair. However, what I have noticed with BSS (beauty supply store) hair is that it does not like a lot of products. Before you install it, give the hair a good conditioner wash to get rid of the chemical smell and to soften it up a bit. Seal the wefts, this will cut down drastically on your shedding. And for day to day styling of the curly hair, just mist with a blend of conditioner and water in spray bottle. Use no oil sheen, oils or styling gels. It will only cause the hair to matt much faster. Check out BHM, they are the weave experts.:yep:

Well, I wear a weave and I workout 5 days a week too. Cardio, weights, the whole nine. Now, the type of hair that I have is very expensive as I order it from here www.extensions-plus.com. Now, I've never had a problem with this hair in terms of tangling, shedding, etc. due to excessive sweat. However, it's an investment and I re-use the hair throughout the year. I pull it in a bun, tie it down, etc and have never had a problem with it. If wearing a weave is something you are going to do ias a protective style and you'll wear it year-round, then, depending on your budget, it's worth the investment because you can reuse the hair.

Besides, wearing a weave and working out (taking work-out supplements, etc.), I notice that my hair underneath grows like crazy. I also use Talijah whatever her last name is spray moisturizer on my tracks too, so this helps also.

As for working out, yes, I sweat big time, and I usually just would do a light rinse on my scalp, but not everyday. I know some may say ewww...but hey, to each his own.

I have my hair cornrowed and micro twist as my crochet style.
I think i am going to stick with this or micro braids for the rest of the year
it's cheaper than human, but doesn't tangle and frizz up like the fake and it always looks nice.

And I can rinse my hair everyday and do co-washes
I workout 6 days a week doing Zumba, aerobics and HOT yoga on sundays, So I sweat alot

As for working out, yes, I sweat big time, and I usually just would do a light rinse on my scalp, but not everyday. I know some may say ewww...but hey, to each his own.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the above. I've worn a curly weave off/on for the past 2 years. It's going to be tough to rinse everyday and keep the hair looking nice (synthetic or human). Human is definitely more durable but it still may not last too long if you're rinsing daily.

If you're going with synthetic, the key to curly synthetic is moisture :grin:
Good ol' jeri juice will greatly improve the look and lifetime of the hair!
(don't use hard gels/hairspray)

Back