Weave Regimen

jaded_faerie

through out my senior year in high school i continuosly wore a weave but did not know how to take care of it...therefore mostly all of my hair broke off. I want to continue to wear a sew in weave and have a good amount of growth. I am scared however to put a weave back in my hair because i have started to grow out my hair and it is coming a long pretty well. However if any one would help me out by creating a weave regimen of some sort, so that i could take care of my hair i would really appreciate it. any help???...please...

I think the best thing is to replace your weave every 6 weeks max. I aim to replace mine every 4 weeks. I've seen alot of people complain about matting with sew in's but I've never had that problem due to the time frame I leave it in. I poo weekly and apply a liquid leave in conditioner. Now I add surge and unbraid spray to the braided up hair. There is a girl on Fotki named Reneice who has grown a wonderful head of hair using weaves, you should check out her album.

thanks...i think i will go for every 6 weeks....im a college student and on a budget :).......but i will definately look at reneice's fotki

Do you think you can learn on your own? That's the route I'm heading now. Reneice did her own weaves but she is a hairdresser. In my link I have a weave I did myself which I liked.

My cornrows underneath are ok but they are getting better. Is there someone at school that can do the cornrow part? Or maybe you can practice on someone else's head. Me I practice when I do my mom's hair and slowly but surely I got better at it. The sewing part is really easy.

the key is MOISTURE!! braid spray and activator have become my best friends. i co wash my hair one week, then shampoo and co the next. i do that because i know sometimes shampoo gets trapped under the cornrows and i want to lessen my chance of that happening(scared of breakage). but anwho...i usualy keep mine in every 6 weeks and i dont have a problem with matting due to my hair always being moisturized. after i wash i load my braids with leave in conditioner( i like the black n sassy). then everyday after that i either do the braidspray or activator. on the hair left out i just use regular moisturizer that wont cause my hiar to revert.

oh! i forgot! i have surge in a applicator bottle and squirt it on my scalp 2 times a day before i moisturize.

HTH

jaded_faerie said:
through out my senior year in high school i continuosly wore a weave but did not know how to take care of it...therefore mostly all of my hair broke off. I want to continue to wear a sew in weave and have a good amount of growth. I am scared however to put a weave back in my hair because i have started to grow out my hair and it is coming a long pretty well. However if any one would help me out by creating a weave regimen of some sort, so that i could take care of my hair i would really appreciate it. any help???...please...
I just asked this question myself recently. The ladies gave me a lot of great suggestions. Check out this thread.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=45036&highlight=sewn+weave

OT: CBG I :love: your weave!! I can’t believe you did it yourself. It looks just like the pics of your real hair, so natural looking! I changed my mind about getting one..but you are making me reconsider. Bout time you put your album up :wacky:

Back