Weave Prep...

motherx2esq

I am about to get my beloved sew in. Not doing it myself this time because I decided to treat myself. What would ladies suggest that I do to prepare my hair to be braid and away for 3 months? I want to wash and DC tonight so that my hair has time to airdry by Saturday. (it takes that long to fully airdry) My hair has been breaking off a bit and I do not want to cut before the sew in or maybe I should. I'm a about 8 weeks post with A LOT of NG. I just want to make sure my hair is ready for the sew in. TIA

I just got my first sew in about two weeks ago, so my suggestions may not be on point. But, what I did was clarified, shampooed, conditioned with both a mild protein conditioner and moisture conditioner and then used a leave in. Blowdried and used my 2 inch ceramic curling iron, to ensure that my new growth (I was 12 weeks post) was manageable and Amandita wouldn't have to try and detangle it.

I have an appointment with Balisi on Saturday to have both weave and hair underneath washed and conditioned. I think I'm going to try to do that every other week and then wash it myself on the weeks that I don't go to Balisi.

HTH!

I just got my first sew in about two weeks ago, so my suggestions may not be on point. But, what I did was clarified, shampooed, conditioned with both a mild protein conditioner and moisture conditioner and then used a leave in. Blowdried and used my 2 inch ceramic curling iron, to ensure that my new growth (I was 12 weeks post) was manageable and Amandita wouldn't have to try and detangle it.

HTH!

ITA this is excellent! The only thing different I do is I use a hard protein like aphogee and follow with a moisturizing conditioner and blow out/flat iron so that braiding my hair won't be such a challenge for the weaver.

Back