Weave/Color Experts - Please Advise

Rastafarai

Does anyone have advice on what type of hair length is needed and hair type to achieve the below look?? What about the color?? How can a similar color be achieved? Is it full highlights or a single process with full highlights??? I LOVE this look!

22UPCLOSE_SPAN-articleLarge.jpg

P.S. The pic is of Hadiiya Barbel, the celeb stylist in NYC who is known for her beautiful customized wigs and hair pieces. She was previewed in the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/f...on&adxnnlx=1332426567-t+KDwfp1kGxYfFhHJrb07g#

My guess - virgin Indian deep curly. I don't know what you mean by full highlights vs single process w/highlights. But most virgin Indian is off black. You'd have to color most of it chocolately brown. You would also set aside a few pieces of track for the highlights. The highlights look like they're light auburn and you can get that with single or double process. Place the highlights around the top of your head to blend with the brown.

It's definitely been processed to get that curl (or she used a curling wand on naturally straight hair)...they're too uniform to be natural. I would agree with Indian deep curl. I think it's about 24-26 inches long at the bottom and probably has 20 inch in the middle and 18 inches on top to achieve the long layers.

My guess - virgin Indian deep curly. I don't know what you mean by full highlights vs single process w/highlights. But most virgin Indian is off black. You'd have to color most of it chocolately brown. You would also set aside a few pieces of track for the highlights. The highlights look like they're light auburn and you can get that with single or double process. Place the highlights around the top of your head to blend with the brown.

@Tiye, thanks hun. Regarding the full highlights v. single process with highlights, I was wondering if I would have to buy the hair in its natural virgin color (black) and do a single process (chocolate brown like you suggest) followed by highlights or if it might be best to buy hair that's already custom colored or naturally lighter colored (dark brown) and then add highlights to it.

I'm probably going to buy three bundles of the virgin curly in black. Would I have to single process one or two bundles and double process the other? Or maybe its best to just double process all three bundles? It looks like she has highlights throughout her piece.

It's definitely been processed to get that curl (or she used a curling wand on naturally straight hair)...they're too uniform to be natural. I would agree with Indian deep curl. I think it's about 24-26 inches long at the bottom and probably has 20 inch in the middle and 18 inches on top to achieve the long layers.

Thanks qt! Yeah, I'm expecting the hair to be processed. Three bundles of 4 ounces each should be enough, right? I'm getting it from a CV.

Thanks for the length ranges.

Thanks qt! Yeah, I'm expecting the hair to be processed. Three bundles of 4 ounces each should be enough, right? I'm getting it from a CV.

Thanks for the length ranges.

You're welcome :grin:

3 bundles may not be enough BTW. The longer the hair is the shorter the wefts so you may need 4...possibly 5 to achieve that fullness she has.

For the curl, I agree w/ it being deep curl but I would go w/chinese/ malaysian hair instead since you are going to color the hair. Chinese/malaysian hair handles color much better than indian hair.

Back