Weave check - Tanika Ray's (Extra) hair PULLED by Barbara Walters

LOL...Tanika is MUCH better natured than me because I would have probably walked out after slapping the h#ll out of her!!!!

That- my friend, is a violation :ohwell:.
But I like that Tanika didn't let Barbara embarass her...

I guess I just don't understand why it is so "surprising" for us to have nice hair!?!? I don't see anyone else having their scalps molested like black women. Why can't we have long hair without people always wanting to "check" if it is real? First of all, why does it matter if it is real, because black women are not the only women who wear hair extensions. More importantly, though, why does everyone always assume our hair can't be long and full, too?

That- my friend, is a violation :ohwell:.
But I like that Tanika didn't let Barbara embarass her...

I totally agree and good for Tanika - that's what you call "control"! I would have atleast shot her a "look" while laughing ---- the look would have siad "How declasse!"

What on earth made Barbara think that it is o.k. to pull the hair of another individual and on national t.v. no less.

She properly ravaged her hands through that lady's beautiful hair. Is the woman's word not good enough? Really bad. :nono:

I guess I just don't understand why it is so "surprising" for us to have nice hair!?!? I don't see anyone else having their scalps molested like black women. Why can't we have long hair without people always wanting to "check" if it is real? First of all, why does it matter if it is real, because black women are not the only women who wear hair extensions. More importantly, though, why does everyone always assume our hair can't be long and full, too?

Welcome to America.

I love Tanika Ray!

I wish she was on "mainstream" TV, though.

Barbara Walters is an undercover "coon" lover.

Trust me, black women (not talking about half this and half that with an Indian great-great-GREAT grandmother taking up the slack) with beautiful hair, be it long or short, is heresy to white women (and others).

The last thing they want to believe is a black woman, MINUS ALL THE EVIDENT RACE MIXING, can have beautiful hair and be sexy!

Because it rarely is. Hopefully with knowledge and hair boards this will become a thing of the past, but it's hard to assume otherwise when most of the black women and little girls you see have over processed, short, hair with traction alopecia. The same way people assume that a WW big butt/full lips is fake, they'll assume our hair is fake.

I give it to Tanika for keeping her composure. I don't tolerate weave checks. Men are the worst when it comes to that. Any man who performs a weave check on me will get dumped right then. Don't invade my personal space like that.

Welcome to America.

I love Tanika Ray!

I wish she was on "mainstream" TV, though.

Barbara Walters is an undercover "coon" lover.

Trust me, black women (not talking about half this and half that with an Indian great-great-GREAT grandmother taking up the slack) with beautiful hair, be it long or short, is heresy to white women (and others).

The last thing they want to believe is a black woman, MINUS ALL THE EVIDENT RACE MIXING, can have beautiful hair and be sexy!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I do think she is facinated with black people, even moreso since she revealed her affair with the black senator.

uh uh, the nerve... i didn't know white people did weave checks like that. tanika seemed shocked, too. lol.

Lol funny, She handled herself well though. I wouldnt have been happy mainly because I dont know where hands have been.....

Did Tanika says this is a wash and go? That she just sleeps on her hair like that and just goes pull pull in the morning and her hair looks like that? Good for her. But I could never do that with my 4b hair.

She must have a PERFECT cut because that is a SERIOUS wash 'n' go. There's a chick that wears her real hair like that but she uses volume spray and a diffuser for extra height/volume. It comes out the same so I believe her when she says it's all her hair, just not necessarily 'just a wash -n- go'

And what if it hadn't been her hair? Barbara was pulling hard enough to pull a wig right off, that would've been so embarrassing and Barbara knew it.

I think that Tanika reacted the best way she could in that situation. If they were on more equal footing, Tanika should've put her hands in Barbara's hair and said, "what about you? is this all real?" But, Barbara has a lot more power in show business than Tanika does, so I think that she did the best that she could do given the circumstances.

Did Tanika says this is a wash and go? That she just sleeps on her hair like that and just goes pull pull in the morning and her hair looks like that? Good for her. But I could never do that with my 4b hair.

Must be nice! Lord knows my hair is always a dry matted rats nest in the morning :lachen:

Barbara has a lot of nerve putting her grubby hands in someone's hair. :perplexedI would love to see the day when someone puts her in check about that. :hardslap::slap:

What if it was a wig though??? And it came off on national television? I wish Barbra would, cause I'd beat that old ***** within an inch of her life with my half wig comb!!!

Babs is so inappropriate especially with Black women. You don't grab somone's hair and ask if it's real. No class at all.

Are you serious? Did she really get weave checked on t.v? And Tanika would have been wrong had she hauled off and punched the living day lights Barbara Walters, huh?:dazed:

Back