Wearing hair straight

Millahdoowop

What do you ladies do when you are wearing your hair straight, down, and out to keep it moisturized without it being weighed down or greasy looking?

the only product i have ever found to do this is Pantene ProV Anti Breakage Heat Protectant. it helps me to get a really straight shiny effect but its not greasy at all. most of the products targeted at black hair seem to be oil & water based, and i always find they make my hair limp.
panteneheatcream-vi.jpg

Ive found that the less prodcut in the hair, the longer it will last. Look for non water based products...or use a very light oil such as jojoba only on the ends for the time that it is straight.

asphyxxia said:
the only product i have ever found to do this is Pantene ProV Anti Breakage Heat Protectant. it helps me to get a really straight shiny effect but its not greasy at all. most of the products targeted at black hair seem to be oil & water based, and i always find they make my hair limp.
panteneheatcream-vi.jpg

This looks interesting....is it just a uk thing? 'cause I've never seen that one...

Ayeshia said:
Ive found that the less prodcut in the hair, the longer it will last. Look for non water based products...or use a very light oil such as jojoba only on the ends for the time that it is straight.

I agree. I have a chin length bob so my hair's out everyday. I switched to natural oils that aren't heavy, and no more mineral oil. Lighter oils that have essential fatty acids like jojoba, safflower, and sunflower in them. I use the Nexxus botanicals brand that's all essential fatty acids, and I think there may be some other good brands out there too. I use it every other night.

Back