Weak Spots in my hair?

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Hello,

I have noticed after examining some of my strands that there are some weak spots on them. It's like, the whole of the strand is thick, but there are "thin spots" on a single strand, as if it needs to be filled in...

what does this mean? I hope this makes sense to someone.

Would you say that the Joico Reconstructer would be the best one? Aphogee 2min is not strong enough, I think?

Would you say that the Joico Reconstructer would be the best one? Aphogee 2min is not strong enough, I think?

Yep, I'd say Joico Deep Reconstructor and if you can't get your hands on that, try Nexxus Emergencee and if you can't get that then try Keracare Super Reconstructor. All of them are stronger than the Aphogee 2 minute. The Joico contains Human Hair Keratin Protein.

Yep, I'd say Joico Deep Reconstructor and if you can't get your hands on that, try Nexxus Emergencee and if you can't get that then try Keracare Super Reconstructor. All of them are stronger than the Aphogee 2 minute. The Joico contains Human Hair Keratin Protein.

Would Roux Mendex be sufficient? This is all I have right now.

Hmmm I don't know anything about that product. I've never used it. I'm not even sure if it's a protein to be honest. Maybe one of the ladies who've used it before can chime in.

My hair is like that when you look really close.

You mean something like this? ====----=====-----====---====

I always thought it was because of the curl pattern.

Each "turn" of the hair will be a weak spot. Kinky hair = many turns and twists.

It's one of the reasons that type 4 hair is the most fragile and curly hair is generally weaker than straight hair.

I'm not sure if Roux Mendex will be enough to fill in the gaps in your hair. It's designed to stop breakage and repair split ends. Whenever you can, I'd suggest getting a reconstructor because they are designed to fill in those gaps. Using it weekly will help to keep the hair strong and healthy.

I do find some in my own hair and I believe that it's a form of split ends

I dont think reconstructers (protein conditioners) are enough to fill those in (IMO)

SplitEndChartvi-vi.gif

See the one called ''White spots''

Last edited:
Yes! I see many that look like White Spots, Taper....I hope I don't have to chop all of my hair off...It just seem to have taken a turn for the worse all of a sudden :nono:

I agree with Kitten45.
I've always thought that the gaps filled in by reconstructors are not big enough to be seen with the naked eye, so I don't think bombarding your hair with protein will help fill in the gaps you're seeing.

I use a reconstructor every week without fail, and I still find those thin spots along some of my strands. As long as the hair isn't breaking, I just leave it alone. I don't expect for my hair to be one thickness all through the strand.

I agree with Kitten45.
I've always thought that the gaps filled in by reconstructors are not big enough to be seen with the naked eye, so I don't think bombarding your hair with protein will help fill in the gaps you're seeing.

I use a reconstructor every week without fail, and I still find those thin spots along some of my strands. As long as the hair isn't breaking, I just leave it alone. I don't expect for my hair to be one thickness all through the strand.

So you wouldn't cut outside of a regular trim?

So Do I.:yep: There are plenty of light/mid ones that you could incorporate into your regimen.

I don't think it would 'hurt' to make this a part of your weekly regimen. I use a light one like: Giovanni Nutra-Fix (which is great btw) and Abba Reconstruct, AG Fast Food, Ion Effective Treatment. etc....

While it may not totally fill in "the gaps" it can help create stronger hair and minimize and control future gaps.

To me, it would be worth a try.:perplexed HTHs.

So Do I.:yep: There are plenty of light/mid ones that you could incorporate into your regimen.

I don't think it would 'hurt' to make this a part of your weekly regimen. I use a light one like: Giovanni Nutra-Fix (which is great btw) and Abba Reconstruct, AG Fast Food, Ion Effective Treatment. etc....

While it may not totally fill in "the gaps" it can help create stronger hair and minimize and control future gaps.

To me, it would be worth a try.:perplexed HTHs.

I'm just happy to know I'm not alone. I am going to maintain the best I can and get a good trim next relaxer. I was always so worried about protein overload, but I think I can try it. Tonight, I used Ion Reconstructer Treatment....we'll see what happens.

IDare,

I have these on hand: Roux Mendex, Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum, Aphogee 2min.

How would you rate each one in terms of strength? Or do I need some others that have "reconstructer" in the title?

I'm just happy to know I'm not alone. I am going to maintain the best I can and get a good trim next relaxer. I was always so worried about protein overload, but I think I can try it. Tonight, I used Ion Reconstructer Treatment....we'll see what happens.

That's a Good One. Always Make Sure you Keep your Protein & Moisture in Balance and you shouldn't have any problem.:grin:

It's a Definitely Balancing Act.

And if I am not mistaken, (if memory serves me right) the Ion is actually a Combo of Protein/Moisture?

I ALWAYS Follow up Any Protein Treatment with a Moisturizing One.

IDare,

I have these on hand: Roux Mendex, Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum, Aphogee 2min.
How would you rate each one in terms of strength? Or do I need some others that have "reconstructer" in the title?

I've used the Mendex. But it was one of the Small Packs. I can't Ever Find the Bottle.:perplexed

I would love to Have that in My Stash. If I ever Find the Bottle, I'm definitely getting it. (And not that tiny one).:ohwell:

Never Tried EQP or Apoghee 2 Minute.:nono:

You have a such wide variety of Reconstructors out there from Joico K-Pak to Nexxus Keraphix and so many others that are out there.:yep: (I also have these).

This Fall I know I was buying a Reconstructor every week, because I was liking the additional 'strenght' it was giving my weak/fragile hair.

Alot of the Ladies Swear by Apoghee 2 Minute.:yep: And Alot of Ladies also swear by the ORS Replenishing Pack too. *Not something I use*

You Got Good Stuff. Now You Have to Be Consistent, to see if it Helps.

I've used the Mendex. But it was one of the Small Packs. I can't Ever Find the Bottle.:perplexed

I would love to Have that in My Stash. If I ever Find the Bottle, I'm definitely getting it. (And not that tiny one).:ohwell:

Never Tried EQP or Apoghee 2 Minute.:nono:

You have a such wide variety of Reconstructors out there from Joico K-Pak to Nexxus Keraphix and so many others that are out there.:yep: (I also have these).

This Fall I know I was buying a Reconstructor every week, because I was liking the additional 'strenght' it was giving my weak/fragile hair.

Alot of the Ladies Swear by Apoghee 2 Minute.:yep: And Alot of Ladies also swear by the ORS Replenishing Pack too. *Not something I use*

You Got Good Stuff. Now You Have to Be Consistent, to see if it Helps.

I got the large bottle of Roux from Beauty of New York.

weak spots can be caused by overprocessing or heat damage. & there's no way to mend them. proteins can fill them in, but they will always be weaker than the rest of your hair. best thing you can do is be gentle & avoid doing things to your hair to make more weak spots, & do regular protein treatments.

these weak spots are part of why i'm going natural :nono:

i found that aphogee 2 min & joico kpak reconstructor were nice, but really weren't strong enough. roux mendex helped too.

but i decided to do regular (i'm talking every 3 weeks) hardcore protein treatments (i used aphogee), & they still weren't enough.

I love the EQP one works just like Nexxus Emergencee but cheaper. It strengthens, add shine and leave's the strands smoother.
IDare,

Back