We talk alot about vits and products here, but what are the essential Hair TOOLS?

*ElleB

One that I can think of is replace all metal irons (flat and curling) with ceramic ones...Even if you don't use heat on your hair that often, ceramic is alot less damaging...

Add On y'all!

Other than a good ceramic flat iron (which I am too cheap to buy):lol:

My staples are:

A wide toothed, seamless comb

Large claw clips

Silky black mini scrunchies (for banding)

1. Combs with smooth teeth: Mine aren't seamless but my shower comb is pretty smooth, and I filed down the seams on my older combs with an emory board. Get rid of any combs with missing teeth.

2. If you use a finishing brush, invest in a good soft boar bristle brush.

3. Get a sharp pair of hair scissors and never use them for anything but hair.

My fingers are my number one styling tool of course. Nowadays, that's all I use. I rarely use anything else for styling, but every now and then I'll use a ponytail holder or a large clip.

I would love to buy more from http://www.evitaperoni.com/!

For me, in addition to a shower comb, silk scarf, satin bonnet/pillowcase/scrunchies and a very soft bristled brush (for my edges only), Good Hair Days pins are essential. I wear a lot of updos and they keep my hair in place without snagging and pulling it out when removed like bobby pins sometimes can.

A fingernail file, to keep your nails smooth and free of edges that could break your hair if you run your fingers thru it :mad:
Satin everything: scrunchies, scarves, bonnets, pilowcases
Are instant weaves and ponytail holders considered "tools" b/c they're essential for me! :lol:
A soft bonnet, that I can attach my own blowdryer to, blast it on high cool setting to "airdry" and be comfortable and mobile in the process. A regular soft bonnet dryer is an alternative.
A camera, tape measure or some other tool to track hair growth progress objectively.

Last edited:
Back