"We do walk-ins only".....?

itismehmmkay

\"We do walk-ins only\".....?

So, my aunt referred a hair stylist at a Walmart salon by my house. When I called and asked to schedule a consultation...she told me that "we don't do that....we really just take walk-ins only"............wtf? Has anyone ever heard of this?

Re: \"We do walk-ins only\".....?

Yes at all the Dominican shops out here are walk in only, they don't take appointments

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
Yes at all the Dominican shops out here are walk in only, they don't take appointments

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeup!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
why?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they make more money that way
smile.gif
and they also don't have to worry about clients not showing up
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
why?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they make more money that way
smile.gif
and they also don't have to worry about clients not showing up
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Another reason might be because at the Dominican salons not just one person does your hair so I guess you can never say..."I had an appointment with such and such". That's one thing I don't like about the Dominican salons
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
why?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I couldn't tell you... I guess it's just their thing. All I know is if you call for an appointment they are like...WHAT IS THAT.. HUH???
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
oh well that makes sense..

[/ QUOTE ]
I left my AA stylist because she was always booked up, I never have to worry about that with the dominicans...

HEre's a better question:

Who do you think would rush me more: those that schedule appt. or those that don't? I need a guarantee of a good job.

That's a hard one. I know at the Dominican shops that I have gone too want to get as many clients in as possible vs. set appointments type of stylists.

Having an appt. gives they stylist enough time to focus on you, unless she is the type that over books herself.

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Having an appt. gives they stylist enough time to focus on you, unless she is the type that over books herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Denali, That's what I meant to say.
smile.gif
lachen70.gif

I prefer walk-in salons. I hate being on a schedule, and it seems like stylists never give themselves enough time, anyway. If you have to wait, you might as well wait when you feel like it
look.gif
. I don't think either one would rush you anymore than the other.

Back