we ain't supposed to use these but..product review

FineChyna

we ain\'t supposed to use these but..product review

technically hair dryers are supposed to be bad for the hair but i needed someway to dry my hair for the cold drafty nights that i experience in my apt.

i went and purchased this cheap hair dryer from eckerds and this thing is the BOMB!!!!!! its the ion shine dryer by conair. it had 3 comb/brush attachments and the ion ports are supposed to "promote shiny, conditioned healthy hair" (thats what the box says)

1st off i know that some people are going to dislike the comb attachments since one is real thin, one is a detangler and the other is a bristle brush. toss the brush and the small styling comb cause the detangler works just fine. my hair didn't get caught in it or nothing, which was my primary concern, since the comb look to small for natural hair. for the parts that were really thick i finger comb downward through the area followed by the blow dryer which made the seperations easier for the dryer comb to get into the hair and then dry it.

my hair wasn't overly dry or brushy which is what usually happens when i use any dryer. my mom has the same type of dryer (minus the ion technology) and my hair used to come out really wild.its also pretty soft to the touch as well, which never occured with my old dryer. i lost no hair basically, had no tangle problems or nothing

best of all it was only 15.99 at eckerds. i used a good leave in conditioner that is also a heat protectant in my hair just to play it safe but i must say i am satisfied with my purchase. the only thing i am unsure about is the wattage system. i'm not sure if its too hot, even though i used the high and low setting. my hair didn't feel "hot" and like it was burning so i guess it was fine. the box says the wattage is 1875. is that bad
confused.gif

well just thought i share half of 2days adventure with you guys.

Re: we ain\'t supposed to use these but..product review

Thanx for this review FC. I used my blowdryer for the first time on Monday since joining this biard in May. I used my fingers to comb thru my hair as I dried w/o an attachment. Then I flat ironed and decided that this was a great alternative to rollersets and airdrying when time is limited. I had been wondering if an ion dryer would make a difference....was your hair shinier as promised? Smoother? DO tell....

[ QUOTE ]
Thanx for this review FC. I used my blowdryer for the first time on Monday since joining this biard in May. I used my fingers to comb thru my hair as I dried w/o an attachment. Then I flat ironed and decided that this was a great alternative to rollersets and airdrying when time is limited. I had been wondering if an ion dryer would make a difference....was your hair shinier as promised? Smoother? DO tell....

[/ QUOTE ]

it was definately smoothier and shinier than the result i used to get from the way i used to dry my hair which was the same as yours. i though it did a decent job. i also had a leave in conditioner in my hair which might have contributed to the shine, but i used the leave in with my old dryer and the finger comb technique and the stuff wasn't that shiny and it surely wasn't smooth. i say its worth the 16 bucks. i could definately tell a difference and it was much quicker than air drying. and the heat settings weren't overly hot on my hair as far as i can tell.
smile.gif
i think conair did a good job with this dryer

Glad to hear you received some good results. I own the same exact dryer and have no complaints about. However, I suggest you don't use it very often. Blowdrying will still take its toll your hair.
look.gif

Back