Ways to lose hair with a relaxer

Brownie

Hello ladies,
I'm sure a few people have wondered this. I read one post where someone said she was having problems with no-lye relaxers, and I read somewhere else where someone said scalp burns could cause permanent follicule damage.
So, my question is what are some ways you could lose hair or damage your hair with a relaxer? You can respond with personnel experience or anything else you know about!!!!!!!!Thanks! I think this would be helpful for the ladies who do their own relaxers at home and for women who go to the salon, so they'll know what to make sure the stylist doesn't do.

From personal experience - Not using a neutralizing shampoo left me with no hair in the back of my head. Wasn't funny at all at the time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not basing the scalp and not applying the relaxer quickly enough can cause scalp burns which cause follicular damage which can lead to hair loss.

Overprocessing or underprocessing the hair can also cause breakage which can be a problem.

Not treating the hair properly (conditioning and what not) when you have a relaxer can also lead to breakage and hair loss.

Excessive handling that is less than gentle would also be a problem.

All of this is the case because relaxers do weaken the hair and so it requires a lot more TLC.

But TLC is fun! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep putting the perm over your entire head every touch-up can cause hairloss too. Ask my mother! Although she never notices. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

From personal Experience:
1. Relax every 3 weeks, because you like that "bouncy" look.
2. Do the WHOLE length of your hair because after all, what's good for the roots must be good for the whole head.
3.Leave it on for 10 minutes? Are you kidding? Ya head is Nappy. 35-40 is about right for you. Or at least 'til ya eyes water...

If you follow these directions you won't have to worry about wrapping, curling, girl--ya won't have to worry 'bout ya hair PERIOD.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leave it on for 10 minutes? Are you kidding? Ya head is Nappy. 35-40 is about right for you. Or at least 'til ya eyes water...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. This reminds me of that scene in Malcom X when he stuck his head in the toilet.

1. Deciding not to cut those split ends because you want bra-strap hair (the hair will eventually split all the way up the shaft and/or break off).

2. Applying heat (flat iron, curlers, etc.) to your hair every day (fried hair is not finger licking good).

3. Brushing wet hair.

4. Combing hair from roots to ends to detangle.

from personal experience
-leavin relaxer on for over 45mins so that u'd get a bone straight look (i kno i kno /images/graemlins/blush.gif )
-hot combin hair everyday and sometimes twice day so that the flicks stayed 'fresh'
-not usin heat protectant on hair wen usin heat coz y waste money??
-not moisturisin coz u use oil on hair and surely if other pple-asians dont moisturise hair and have waiste length then it aint important /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ngaa
needless to say i learnt my lesson the hard way and will not be repaeatin none of these things in a hurry /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

letting pppl who dont speak english do ur hair and u just trust that they know what to do because of their nationality /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Everybody,
I thought this was a serious post, but you sure gave me a good laugh! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

-when someone with nice freshly permed hair drops u a stylist's name and u go to the salon looking for her but u c she is busy and got a lot of ppl waiting for her and she tells u her "friend" can do it. /images/graemlins/shocked.gifu better run

-just because u have nappy hair and havent had a touch up in like 5 months cuz u were terrrified of the burns and scabs from last time, they assume u need a super. and all the while they combing it through ur hair they keep remarking on how soft ur nappy hair is. U=/images/graemlins/cry3.gif from the pain
u will become bald in one sitting.

Back