Wax for twists? I love this stuff!!!!

jetbeauty09

What in the world? I bought 100% Australian Beeswax from the drugstore (ethnic aisle next to the wave products for men) for less than $3 and I am in love. I’ve been looking for a product that would help my scraggly looking ends when I do 2 strand twists/twist outs. Boy, this product is heaven sent! I don’t have the ends to spend on certain butters and creams and everything else I tried didn’t work for my CNapp textured hair. I absolutely LOVE this wax and it smells nice.

I colored my hair last night and put it in twists. My hair was damp but not wet and I applied just a dab of the wax to my ends and then the rest of the strands…..:lick:

I will post pics tonight of how it came out but if only you could feel my hair. It actually stretches your hair so I have a lot less shrinkage. I LOVE THIS WAX!:drunk:

good Idea I have some Elasta QP curl wax chillen 4rm my press and curl days.... I may have to look into that to smooth out the frizzies

I can imagine this helps a lot with single strand knots.

How does your hair feel, though? Does it have a tacky/sticky feel or is it just as soft as always? I'd hate to lean my head back on our leather couch and leave an imprint of my head. :blush:

If it's soft, I might have to use this to help my ends as the hair grows.

cj

I can imagine this helps a lot with single strand knots.

How does your hair feel, though? Does it have a tacky/sticky feel or is it just as soft as always? I'd hate to lean my head back on our leather couch and leave an imprint of my head. :blush:

If it's soft, I might have to use this to help my ends as the hair grows.

cj

Yes! That's another thing that made me soooo happy. My hair tangles and knots every time I blink:look: but when I applied the wax to the ends, it was like I had put out a fire. My ends smoothed out and they actually obeyed me! :lachen:

I haven’t tried it on loose hair yet but my hair does not feel greasy or sticky at all. Once I rubbed it on that piece and twisted, my ends curled up. I took my scarf off this morning and my hair is laid….no greasy mess at all. My hair feels really soft. Almost like it used to feel when I had a relaxer!

i wonder how it washes out.

I don't see why it would any different from washing out any other butter (shea, etc.). If you apply too much, I'm sure you'll have alot of buildup but not so here. Maybe its b/c my hair seemed to be extra dry looking, but my hair is shiny and soft. I can't complain!:grin: I promise I'll post before and after pics.

Back