Waterfall Braids

flowinlocks

Who knows how to do these? I think they are so pretty. I am going try this the next time I wear my hair down.
Link to video tutorial

This is how someone says it's done:
It is pretty easy to do, this is how I do a waterfall braid:
start with a section of hair at the front, and start out braiding like you would for a french braid (3 sections, right piece over the center, then left piece over the center.)Then you want to drop the section of hair at the bottom and let it hang loose to create the waterfall effect.
Then you have to gather a new section of hair, and continue the braid using the new section, dropping the bottom section each time and gathering a new section of hair.
and that is pretty much it, i love this hairstyle it is so pretty!
waterfall-briad-red-hair.jpg

blonde-bow-waterfal-briad.jpg

wedding-waterfall-briad.jpg

6470111979_8530da0685_z.jpg

ETA: Link to video tutorial.

Last edited:
First off, no I have never seen these before but they are beautiful. Second off, your hair is getting long! I don't get on here too much and when I do its on my phone so I don't look at the pictures. Are you still using an Ayurvedic regimen?

I do these styles on my youngest DD when her hair is straightened. The basket weave looks awesome on thick hair. :yep: I'll take some pics next week when I flat iron her hair.

I can't recall the exact name, but there's a YTer who gives her daughter unbelievably intricate styles. It's 'Princess' something or other. Although the little girl has type 1 hair, most of the styles can be performed on curly hair - if it's long enough.

eta: Found it - hair4myprincess

Last edited:
First off, no I have never seen these before but they are beautiful. Second off, your hair is getting long! I don't get on here too much and when I do its on my phone so I don't look at the pictures. Are you still using an Ayurvedic regimen?

Chameleonchick Hey lady how are you? Yes I'm still using the oils. As far as the powders I make the teas whenever I'm not feeling lazy. How is your hair doing?

I do these styles on my youngest DD when her hair is straightened. The basket weave looks awesome on thick hair. :yep: I'll take some pics next week when I flat iron her hair.

I can't recall the exact name, but there's a YTer who gives her daughter unbelievably intricate styles. It's 'Princess' something or other. Although the little girl has type 1 hair, most of the styles can be performed on curly hair - if it's long enough.

eta: Found it - hair4myprincess

Thanks I'll check it out. I can't wait wait to see the pics.

Back