Water, MSM, Omega fatty acids

locabouthair

Besides these things, is there anything else that can improve hair texture?

I feel like I am at my wits end with this coarse hair of mine.

NOW BEFORE ANYONE SAYS I HATE MYSELF, THIS IS NOT ABOUT HAIR TYPE. MY HAIR IS EXTREMELY COARSE AND BRITTLE. I AM JUST LOOKING FOR MY HAIR TO GROW IN SOFTER NOT LOOSEN THE CURL. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT BEING A 4B, I JUST CANT TAKE THE COARSENESS:nono:

any suggestions?

Have you tried frequent deep conditioning? When I joined the dc challenge, I dc'd 3 x's a week and it made my hair VERY soft. My hair had never been that soft and swingy in my LIFE. My newgrowth was a breeze to deal with

Also try using conditioner as a leave-in. That's worked wonders for my hair too. Any conditioner that gives you nice slip would work fine. My newgrowth and length are incredibly soft doing these two things

I just started upping my intake on all three of these things about two weeks ago. I started taking them to improve my heart and skin health but they have also benefited by hair. My new-growth often feels dry and a bit hard after about 5 weeks post relaxer. But now it feels softer than usual. So far I am taking: 48+ oz of water, 1000-2000 mg of MSM, and Omega 3-6-9 1200 mg. I'm hoping this will help me increase my stretch time.

Are you consistent with water and EFAs?

What is your diet like? Fruits, veggies, and fish are good for hair.

I think you have to be really consistent for a stretch of time to see a significant difference.

After about 6 months of a balanced and healthy diet and 2L of water daily, my hair softened up and grew in smoother. Years later, I added EFAs consistently, and my hair did a 180. It's much softer, easier to detangle, and shinier. It's also more elastic.

Green leafy vegetables are your friend if better hair is what you're after.

Thanks for responding ladies.

Tiffers, DC does nada for me. I have always DC once a week never more. I never get that moist hair that everyone else seem to get. I DC on thursday night and the next day my hair was as dry as the desert. I used Elasta QP 11, I've tried kenra MC, motion moisture plus, and others I can't remember now.

Scoobygirl, did you get any side effects of the MSM. I want to take it but I'm scared it will mess with my periods.

Divine, I have only started being consistent with water and the flaxseed oil for two weeks now. I know thats not long. I've been eating better for about two weeks now. I've been eating more fruits, veggies, and salmon. I am trying to eat salmon 3 times a week. I've been taking a multi vitamin also. I'm just trying to figure out if there is any other supplement I need to be taking.

Some days I do leave out the greens but i'll eat tomatoes, sweet potatoes (is that a vegetable?) and carrots.

I'll make sure to eat some leafy greens everyday. So lettuce, kale, spinach (which I hate) is there anything else? I do love some broccoli though:lick: but thats not leafy right?

That combo is good along with your diet but you're going to have to give it some time. Hair only grows an average of .5 "/mo anyway.

Broccoli is GREAT for hair. Carrots are good too. Berries are full of hair and skin friendly ingredients as well. Oh and don't forget about cucumbers!

Just be patient and consistent. You'll see a difference by Christmas. :up:

That combo is good along with your diet but you're going to have to give it some time. Hair only grows an average of .5 "/mo anyway.

Broccoli is GREAT for hair. Carrots are good too. Berries are full of hair and skin friendly ingredients as well. Oh and don't forget about cucumbers!

Just be patient and consistent. You'll see a difference by Christmas.
:up:

Thanks I hope so. My hairs doing really badly right now.

I didn't know cucumbers have much nutritional value in them. But I'll start eating it now.:yep:

ITA! Conditioners have really been the secret to everything that I have done to get my hair back. When I first joined LHCF I rarely touched a conditioner, leave in, let alone DC. It works wonders!

Have you tried frequent deep conditioning? When I joined the dc challenge, I dc'd 3 x's a week and it made my hair VERY soft. My hair had never been that soft and swingy in my LIFE. My newgrowth was a breeze to deal with

Also try using conditioner as a leave-in. That's worked wonders for my hair too. Any conditioner that gives you nice slip would work fine. My newgrowth and length are incredibly soft doing these two things

ITA! Conditioners have really been the secret to everything that I have done to get my hair back. When I first joined LHCF I rarely touched a conditioner, leave in, let alone DC. It works wonders!

I swear DC does nothing for me. I just don't know. My hair does not accept anything. Relaxers dont do much either, my mom just told me tonight my hair doesnt look permed. My hair for some reason is super resistant. Nothing gets through to it:wallbash:

I swear DC does nothing for me. I just don't know. My hair does not accept anything. Relaxers dont do much either, my mom just told me tonight my hair doesnt look permed. My hair for some reason is super resistant. Nothing gets through to it:wallbash:
Maybe you should try a different perm. I know you dont like super but maybe you may need to look into it.

Have you considered coneless conditioners for your DC's? This change has worked WONDERS for my hair and my moisture levels have made a complete 180.

I swear by Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner whenever I DC. Cones in my conditioner for DC-ing specifically don't work as well for me.

Have you considered coneless conditioners for your DC's? This change has worked WONDERS for my hair and my moisture levels have made a complete 180.

I swear by Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner whenever I DC. Cones in my conditioner for DC-ing specifically don't work as well for me.

I had to do a reevaluation of my products and my daily moisturizer has cones. :ohwell: I'm gonna make my own moisturizer with aloe vera and gylcerin. Plus my leave in and my other conditioner had cones in it also, but it was on the lower half of the list.

I'll try the giovanni thanks.

Back