Wasted opportunity to help

TeeMBL

Lurker
So I'm feeling a little bad right now. I just came back from Sally's and there was this girl that came in. She asked the lady behind the counter what to do about breakage she was experiencing in the front of her hair. The lady took her to the 2-step Aphogee treatment. I wanted so bad to step in like captain save-a-sista, and talk to her about what could be causing the breakage, then suggest perhaps the 2 min reconstructor and a deep conditioner to follow. She looked so confused, and I don't think the lady was really helpful, she kinda left her on the aisle to fend for herself.

I really wanted to tell her to be careful if she chose the 2-step. So get this, the reason I stopped myself was because my head was looking real basic (twisted up in a clip). It's gym and co-wash day so I don't do much on these days. I imagined she wouldve looked at my head and thought I was just being a nosy knowitall...oh well .

I always feel like if someone is asking from a place of knowledge (as knowledgable as we can expect Sally's folks to be) then they want to be informed. I know how you feel...but maybe next time give it a shot. Basic is one thing, the only time I think you'd get a double take is if you volunteered with 2 inches of broken off hair all over your head.

Back