Washing Weave Daily

tallnomad

Just want to know if any weave wearers wash or have washed daily?

A few years back, I had curly weaves (synthetic hair) and I would wet the weave everyday to spruce it up. As a result, my own hair--in the tracks--would also get wet. I also wore interlock weaves and did the same thing--wetting just about everyday.

At that time, I wasn't a member of this board and didn't know anything about sealing my hair. I think at most, I would just spray with moisturizer and be done. Well, when I finally took the weaves out after a year, my hair was brastap length. I had started from an ear-length bob (unfortunately, I didn't keep that hair too long--a stylist cut it off).

I'm starting over now and just got a sew-in last week and think I want to start wetting everyday. Does anyone else do this, and has anyone noticed good growth? What special tips could you offer?

I did this in bootcamp because I had to swim everyday. So I rinsed and shampooed my hair EVERY day for 3 month with a sew-in curly weave! MAJOR growth during that time.:yep:

I think that this can be really good for your hair. I want a curly or wavy weave so that I can do this. I want to invest in some really good hair though and I'll have to wait at least until Spring when it starts getting warm. What type of hair did you use when you were doing it?

Thanks HERicane10! You've reinspired me to try this again. After the three months, would you weave your hair up again?

Chanteuse, when I was doing this, I had some super cheap hair that cost like $6 per package--the hair came in a bag!:grin: The first kind of hair I used was that super curly (fake looking curls) type of hair, but the more I wet it, the more it looked real and natural--and not in a bad, tacky way.

The interlock hair was loose curls that were really pretty and would turn into ringlets.

I currently have some curls that are bigger and looser and pretty. They kind of look like those Oprah curls she wears and the type of hair that they sell actually named after her. I think in the next two weeks or so, I'm going to get some wet/wavy hair that I can wet almost daily with no ill-effects.

Last edited:
No problem, tiff! :grin: I had mine done that way just for bootcamp; and I took it down for bootcamp graduation. I had that style on and off overthe course of 5 or 6 years. I let it stay in about 2-3 months! :yep:
Thanks HERicane10! You've reinspired me to try this again. After the three months, would you weave your hair up again?

Chanteuse, when I was doing this, I had some super cheap hair that cost like $6 per package--the hair came in a bag!:grin: The first kind of hair I used was that super curly (fake looking curls) type of hair, but the more I wet it, the more it looked real and natural--and not in a bad, tacky way.

The interlock hair was loose curls that were really pretty and would turn into ringlets.

I currently have some curls that are bigger and looser and pretty. They kind of look like those Oprah curls she wears and the type of hair that they sell actually named after her. I think in the next two weeks or so, I'm going to get some wet/wavy hair that I can wet almost daily with no ill-effects.

Back