Washing my sew-in

env10us

So I got a sew in 2 weeks ago. And my scalp is use to some type of water on it, and the itchies have come to nest :nono:. So ladies, I need advice. HOW would I go about washing my weave and getting my scalp to stop itching? And the most important thing I'm worried about is my closure. He sewed it in, but it ALSO has GLUE. I'm very weary on this, and I'm thinking I should just hold out for a week and then go have him do it on a weekend I'm home from school. But I really can't wait, because all of this scratching has made me bleed on my scalp and that CAN'T be good...help please

Oh, the dreaded weave itchies... :sad: I know exactly what you are going through... I had to take my sew-in out after about 3 weeks due to intense itching.

I hate to tell you, but the itchiness may not be helped by a wash. I washed mine several times and still had that itching.

JustKiya helped me to realize that I should have taken the alkaline base off the weave hair before installing it, just like is done with Kanekalon braiding hair.

Did you wash the weave hair in an acid solution (a little vinegar mixed with warm water) before installing it? B/c if you didn't... a wash may not help.

Oh, the dreaded weave itchies... :sad: I know exactly what you are going through... I had to take my sew-in out after about 3 weeks due to intense itching.

I hate to tell you, but the itchiness may not be helped by a wash. I washed mine several times and still had that itching.

JustKiya helped me to realize that I should have taken the alkaline base off the weave hair before installing it, just like is done with Kanekalon braiding hair.

Did you wash the weave hair in an acid solution (a little vinegar mixed with warm water) before installing it? B/c if you didn't... a wash may not help.

I surely didn't :nono:...now that I think about it, we just went straight from the package to the sewing. Would it be possible to do it now, or is it too late?

I surely didn't :nono:...now that I think about it, we just went straight from the package to the sewing. Would it be possible to do it now, or is it too late?

Depending on your style, I don't think it's too late to wash your hair. It could be treated with some type of chemical that you might be sensitive to. I have a sew-in right now too and what works for me is spraying my hair with a moisturizing braid sheen one that contains sulfur. I'm also using my mn mixture -- it's kind of difficult to apply between the braided wefts though but I do it. Also I use a hair oil like BT (Boundless Tresses) or Sulfur Solutions Hair Serum Complexx (i found this one at Dollar Tree). You can wash your hair if you put a little shampoo diluted with water into a spray bottle or other type of applicator to get between the wefts -- same goes for your conditioner.

Doing all of these things has really helped me battle the itchies and I'm going on 2 weeks with my sew-in.

It does sound like you are having a reaction to the chemicals bss use on their hair. If its the regular ole weave itch you can use some witch hazel in an applicator bottle. You definetly dont need to go back to the stylist for a wash. Dilute your shampoo as suggested and remember to use conditioner, even if its just a leave in in a spray bottle. Just make sure that all your tracks dry completly.

Back