Wash 'N Wear and Hair knots....

tthreat08

Wash 'N Wear and Hair knots on ends of hair....

Okay, so I love the wash and wear look. I was doing it consisitently through the spring time, and then I noticed.....THE KNOTS!! What the $#%$&??? :perplexed I had these little knots on various strands of hair, and it drove me crazy that they were there. So I cut off two inches just to get rid of them. :eek: I figured that if I kepts my ends secured (which is why I am wearing that boring bun err' day) that the knots would not be an issue. Well, I was right. I guess my hair was curling itself into a knot. THE PROBLEM is that I work out a lot (well in theory I do), and want to wear my hair out sometime. Thus, the wash and wear is optimal. But HOW do I AVOID those annoying little KNOTS??? :confused: or is it just me?

Last edited:
I didn't really get knots when i was relaxed but I'm getting them now...I find that using a heavy oil like castor oil on the ends keeps them from happening as often. I still get them but not nearly as much

nurseN98 said:
I didn't really get knots when i was relaxed but I'm getting them now...I find that using a heavy oil like castor oil on the ends keeps them from happening as often. I still get them but not nearly as much

co-signing, this is what I do.

I get those knots on the hair at the very nape of my neck, but I haven't noticed them anywhere else. I find them only slightly annoying and pretty much leave them alone. I agree that wash 'n wear do's are the culprit. Apparently, as the hair dries, it curls up tight enough to knot itself on individual strands. I will try lubricating them with some oil to see if that works to prevent them.

cosigning with nursen98 and the others- i use castor oil too or jamaica black castor oil on my ends twice a week. it is helping out a lot- those dry rough ends in my nape area- don't feel nearly as rough and dry now.

Back