Wash n go's v. twist out/braid outs

mkd

Which do you prefer? What are the pros and cons of each? Before joining, I did a lot of wash and go's but I noticed that having to re wet and comb every day caused a lot of shedding. However, when I attempt braid outs or twists out, I do not get as much definition to my curls. Maybe I should just keep working at it.

I do either one. It just depends on how I feel. If I want a much fuller look. I go with the wash-n-go, but if I want a more defined-clean look I'll do a twist out.

BTW I'm relaxed. My hair just do that weird curl up thing....

I say, if your natural hair can do that automatically, get all curly on its own with no manipulation and braiding, rock it!

I like wash and go but it's damaging to rewet each morning and diffuse. I've been doing braidouts this week and I have used no heat with almost the same results!!! I will probably be doing braidouts this summer.

I like wash and go but it's damaging to rewet each morning and diffuse. I've been doing braidouts this week and I have used no heat with almost the same results!!! I will probably be doing braidouts this summer.

This is exactly why I want to learn to master braid outs. My hair curls up on its own, but I feel like rewetting it and combing it makes me lose more hair than I would if I just rebraided it every night.

I love my wash n go's and my hair curls on its own, but too many wash n gos for me ends up in knots and tangles. I do it every now and then, but not all the time. Also, twist outs leave my hair feeling more moisturized. Twists/twistouts are more frequent for me.

Back