Wash n Go

applebottom

what kinda products do you use?

I usually just use a live in conditioner and some kinda oil...in the summer time I can do that. BUT in the winter I have to sit under the dryer and it always comes out frizzy...what can I use to take the frizz away

I think gels should take care of the frizz.

I use a leave-in and a gel (a natural-ish one). I like Oyin Shine and Define Gel (www.oyinhandmade.com) and Kiss My Face Upper Management gel (at natural grocery stores, Whole Foods, etc.). KMF especially is SO similar to those alcohol filled gels I used to use! It has a strong hold. Many naturals also like Fantasia gel with Sparklelites (it's not great for me personally).

Also when you're sitting under the dryer, is your hair blowing around a lot? That contributes to frizz too I think....you could blot with a microfiber towel once your products are on and air dry from there. Or do the PLOPPING method:

http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/articles.php?id=140

Microfiber towels dry hair off CONSIDERABLY.

Finally, if you do really want to blowdry, I've heard to blow dry only 80% or so and let it air dry the rest of the way to avoid frizz. You could do it in sections with a hand held dryer (very careful not to let the hair blow around and not too much heat). I like the Hot Sock diffuser from www.jessicurl.com (go to shop now, then accessories). You put it over the blowdryer, it lessens heat, and it stops the hair from blowing around.

I use Long Aid Curl Activator Gel. It keeps my soft and frizz free for days; I get it from Walgreens. I apply this to my hair after I do my conditioner wash.

Back