***Wash n go with volume***

katote

I am recently trying the wash n go thing, but I want some volume to it. How are you ladies achieving that? Do you blow dry the roots? Diffuse?? My fine 4a hair is so limp.:nono:

I'm a fine 4a too and although I've only attempted a wash and go once, it was quite voluminous as I blowdried the roots upside down and shook my head around a lot.

I am recently trying the wash n go thing, but I want some volume to it. How are you ladies achieving that? Do you blow dry the roots? Diffuse?? My fine 4a hair is so limp.:nono:

Good question. I have been wondering the same thing. Thanks for starting this thread. :)

Try a curly pudding gel and then let it dry and once it is hard take your fingers and glide downwards making sure it is done without fingering your hair because you don't want frizz. shake your head once you are done with your whole head.

Gently pulling the roots as I blow dry on low speed helps to create more volume. Also using less product on hair.
I'm really not trying to plug my video, but you can see how big my hair gets with stretching the hair. (fast forward to 6:43 for result of diffuse, then to 7:34 after stretching)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnIrEjKjr4

Though I have a lot of hair, my curls fall flat at times. I constantly gently pick up my hair as its drying to give me the volume. By the next day, my hair is almost standing on my head!

I have fine 3c/4a hair. Using a volumnizing product to wash usually helps. For example Herbal Essences Body Envy to co-wash. Then, using a light protein/moisturizing leave-in (ex. Mane n Tail Detangler) and sealing with Castor Oil, which helps your hair appear thicker and over time does thicken your hair. Sometimes, I mix my leave-in with a bit of PM Skinny Serunm so that my hair dries quicker and is bouncy but I use very little of it. Since i'm air drying, keeping it simple and not being heavy handed with product application is the key to full, bouncy hair.

After putting in my products, I pin up my hair until it's 80% dry, then I let the rest of my hair dry loose. Letting your hair air dry outside in the breeze also helps.

Have you tried using volumizing conditioners? I know my favorite one is VO5 Extra Body conditioner. Every time I use this conditioner it gives me so much volume and shine I hope they never change the formula. I love it I really do! :grin: I'm about to try TIGI Bed Head Superstar Thick Massive hair conditioner I read some reviews on it and wanna try it mainly cuz it's one I don't have to order online cuz they sale it here at the BX..lol!

Another thing you might wanna try too is after it dries part your hair in sections with your fingers and go through each section with your fingers and seperate/fluff out the roots for some thickness this works wonders for me too.

Not having volume was a problem I had with wash n go's. I have fine hair strands. The way I got volume was by letting my hair airdry in a low ponytail or bun after applying conditioner. I can't let it airdry just straight down nor with too much gel. After it dried, I took out the ponytail holder, fluffed my hair out and had the volume and shape that I wanted for my hair type.

After I put my products in I let put my hair into two LOOSE pony tails so it can dry a little bit more stretched. Then after its dried about 70% I shake, shake, shake.

Back