Wash n go experts

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Question. I want to do wash n gos without gel because though I love the look I don't like to use so much gel. When I slather on conditioner my kinks are so soft and defined. But they are white due to product. Is there a moisturizing product that I can slather in that will define my curls, keep my hair soft and full of moisture and not leave my hair white like conditioner?

How do you feel about curl creams? I used to use ones from Treseme, Garnier, and Citre Shine (the old one from like 2000, they have a new formula now but I've not used it to compare).

I also tried Sebastain Wet, I think I paired with oil to keep my hair from getting hard.

Oh, and also Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1. I didn't use any oil with that, and my hair was left very nice.

Aveda be curly leave in, curl junkie coffee coco curl cream, noodlehead curl cream, ummm curl activator? or something of the like, they don't work for me but I gave the one in the big yellow and red bottle to my mom for such purposes.

Personally I like gel, I've actually been using herbal essence set me up with a little bit of rinse out conditioner still left on my ends. SOFT hair, shiny and no whiteness.

I've never thought to try a curl Creme. Great suggestion. Hawaiian silky? Never used it. And evoo with water works too eh? Ok, these are all things I should have a go at :yep:

Two things.... maybe the conditioner you're using is too thick? I *****swear***** by Just For Me HairMilk conditioner. I buy bottles of this stuff for my wash-n-gos. It isn't really thick, so you won't get that white looking residue.

In regards to a moisture product....Im testing out Curl Cream Brule by Curls. (www.curls.biz) It does provide some sheen, so maybe it will work for you? It smells devine, but my only issue is that it makes my hair look a wee bit too greasy, BUT that is probably user error on my part. Since I dyed my hair back to a dark brown color, my ends are a bit on the dry side, and the Cream Brule helps with that.

Aveda be curly leave in, curl junkie coffee coco curl cream, noodlehead curl cream, ummm curl activator? or something of the like, they don't work for me but I gave the one in the big yellow and red bottle to my mom for such purposes.

Personally I like gel, I've actually been using herbal essence set me up with a little bit of rinse out conditioner still left on my ends. SOFT hair, shiny and no whiteness.

empressri what kind of gel do you use? I haven't had any luck with gels because they leave my hair feeling hard.

Je Ne Sais Quoi i use Oyin hair dew on top of whatever leave in (usually giovanni)... sometimes i use it by itself. defines my kinks and curls and coils well and stretches my hair. ive also just used my bee mine curly butter on top of my leave in, same effect.

so i would use whatever you use to set your hair in your wash and go. cause you want to set your hair in its wet look state. know what i mean?

Two things.... maybe the conditioner you're using is too thick? I *****swear***** by Just For Me HairMilk conditioner. I buy bottles of this stuff for my wash-n-gos. It isn't really thick, so you won't get that white looking residue.

In regards to a moisture product....Im testing out Curl Cream Brule by Curls. (www.curls.biz) It does provide some sheen, so maybe it will work for you? It smells devine, but my only issue is that it makes my hair look a wee bit too greasy, BUT that is probably user error on my part. Since I dyed my hair back to a dark brown color, my ends are a bit on the dry side, and the Cream Brule helps with that.

I'm going to look for that too today. The conditioner is thick that I use

This type of hair setting if i understand dont provide any hold,so will have to be done on a daily bases?

Back