Wash N Go Experiment (Pics)

tiffjust2002

Hey ladies :)

So I have never been able to do a wash n go with my hair all the way down, for some reason it just doesn't come out right. I tried with all kinds of products and air drying, drying with a diffuser, everythang!

So a couple of nights ago I decided to do a braid out, I usually do them on slightly damp hair but this time I did it on soaking wet hair and I used some Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue.

I made my usual 5 cornrows, two on each side of my head, one in the middle (crown) and two in the back on each side. I slapped my bonnet on and the next morning I woke up and used a little coconut oil to take down the braids that were still damp and I was left with a wash n go rather than a braid out.

Here is my 2nd day hair (this is today) I pineappled last night
big hair 3.jpg

big hair.jpg

big hair 2.jpg

roots big hair.jpg

I LOVE my results!!!! I am going to do this more often. I think I can get another day out of it.

Have any of you ladies tried this method?

I think Naptural85 has something similar where she does twists overnight. The gel I used to use for wash and go's (KCCC) doesn't work for me anymore so come summer I'll have to find a new product to go with.

I used to that all the time when natural. It looked like a stretched out wng. Loved it.

Your hair looks great!

Ur hair looks beautiful, so full & boucey looking. Thats how I normally do my braidouts. I like my hair to more on the wetter side when braiding so that way in the morning its alittle damp.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I would still call it a braid out, since that's what it is/the method you used. You didn't wash and go...so it's not a wash and go. :lol:

Very pretty though!

What is the pineapple method??

it is a way to preserve the curls and also add a little stretch to them by making a loose ponytail at the top front of your head and then covering with a scarf. I just put the ponytail holder around my hair one time.

Back