Wash & Go/Curly Girls

Xcellence2

I found the perfect product to end the frizzies. I usually never wash my hair during the week in case I get inconsistent results but I took a chance last night. I washed my hair, conditioned and applied my leave in conditioners but I did two things differently. I read that Mya uses a setting lotion on her hair when she wants no so tight curls so I used my setting lotion. Plus, I girl at Regis told me about Curl Rocks. Well it Rocks. I used a little too much last night but by this morning I had bouncy shiny curls with a little of hold and most importantly NO FRIZZ and not as much shrinkage. I need to post recent pics so u ladies can see.

Hi Xcellence2!

I'm glad you found a product that works for you! Would you please go into a little more detail in terms of what you did to get your frizzless curls? You mentioned that you used a little too much at night- did you wash your hair at night and apply the Curls Rock and then take it down in the morning? How did you wear your hair at night? How did you apply the product (i.e., combing it through the hair while wet/damp or just rubbing it on with hands)? Were you able to maintain the curls for more than one day without rewashing??

Sorry for all the questions
laugh.gif
I am just really looking for something that will help with frizz and reduce prep time required for twistouts and braidouts!

Thanks for your help
wave.gif

OshunCurls

Sorry it took me awhile to respond but here are the responses.

Super - I purchased it at Regis Salon but Trade Secrets and maybe even Sally's sell it.

Oshun - I washed my hair, deeo conditioned, then I did my comb through with the conditioner still in my hair. Then I rinsed out the conditioner. I applied 911 and African Pride leave in followed by Giovanni Direct w/ aloe vera mix (I always do this regardless of how I am wearing my hair). Ok so I read Mya uses a setting lotion when she wants wavy hair vs tight curls so I used a little of the Keracare foam wrap that i have and worked that through my hair with my fingers. Then I used a couple of pumps of the Curl Rocks. I put some in my hands and worked it through my hair. I was careful not to finger through but to kind of scrunch it through. Apply it to towel dry/damp hair. I sat up for an hour or so to let it airdry for a while then i went to bed.

Ok for the night time when it was still damp I used a stretched out scrunchy since my hair is thick and gathered it in a loose ponytail on the top of my head (I have a satin pillow case). I woke up the next day applied some Mimosa Hair Honey (my hair had shine from the CUrl Rocks but I love my hair honey), shook my hair down and I was ready to go. I usually clip the front up but I have not had to do that yet b/c the curls look great hanging down.

The next night I gathered in a loose ponytail and pinned some of the ends down with hair pins for a while but they fell out as I slept. I also put a satin cap on. If I have any bends in my hair then I moisten my hands a little and finger/scrunch my hair to get the bend out.

I washed my hair Wednesday and I still have a head full of curls today and I thought I would have to rewash by now. I think I could make it until Wednesday without rewetting a lot and without using more Curl Rocks.

FYI- that stuff costs like $14 a bottle. Plus I would not use more than 3 or so pumps.

Sorry it is so long but I hope it helps!

sorry the bottle is turqoise(sp) and it is Catwalk Curl Rocks.

I took a photo of my hair mostly dry with the Curl Rocks

Back