Wash Daily + Daily Heat

itismehmmkay

Has anyone done this?

I've started working out daily and usually wash my hair at night and let it airdry. Lately, it's been airdrying in rollers overnight. The rollerset is fine, but I usually need a little heat to prevent frizziness from the everpresent humidity here :mad: (as confirmed today).

So, I'm thinking of using the ceramic curling iron daily after my nightly wash and overnight airdrying. Are we still thinking damage here??

I agree with Bre, I def wouldn't recommend curling iron(ceramic or otherwise) nightly, but what about indirect heat on low temps w/heat protectant?:crossfingers:

Is it possible that you can wear your heat in a curly style while you're working out everyday? Can you do some sort of conditioner bun? I really wouldn't suggest heat on a daily basis. I know people of other races do it. Girls at my job use the blow dryer and brush EVERYDAY and their hair doesn't look damaged to me. But I can't imagine using heat daily on purpose.

If you decide to do so, the only good thing is that I've been told that heat is less damaging on freshly washed hair. You don't want to use heat on dirty hair. :yep:

These ladies I work with shower, blow dry and style with a round brush EVERYday.

Thanks guys :grin:

And, lana, I was thinking the same thing: that it'll be less damaging on freshly washed hair. At the same time, those ladies probably don't have a chemical relaxer...but they could have color :scratchch

I blwo dry and curl/flat iron every 2-3 days on freshly washed and conditioned hair. My advice would be that you could pull it off but find a GREAT leave-in conditioner. Last night I tried IC Fantasia's Leave-in for Extra Dry Hair w/ Aloe and my hair felt great after blow drying, then I apply Vitale Creme hairdress and curled. Mind you, I use ceramic, ionic blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron with Silver Nano Tech. I got all the stuff from Sally's. So I would say give it a try for a few days and if you see any kind of breakage or change in you hair shape. STOP immeadiately and try another method.

Just my humble opinion.

Back