Wash and go? Or Wash and no?

LadyRaider

Any tips ladies? This is my first attempt. I only used John Frieda Frizz-ease and Chi Silk Infusion because that's all I had.

Is my hair hopeless, or is this just what it looks like when you're doing something wrong? :lachen: Any help with products and technique would be great.

Attachments

• washngo.jpg
    washngo.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 77
When I wash and go, the only product I use is conditioner. If you wanted more defined curls I would suggest two strand twists or a braid out. Hope this helps!

I'll be honest its a wash and no for me. It looks you attempted a jerry curl on straight hair. BUT once it dries it might look a lot different. I also suggest what the above poster said.

:grin::grin:girl you had me thinking i was coming in here to see a trainwreck. When i first BCed my hair looked like this but a little worse. I think it just takes time for your hair to get in the groove. Now when i wash and go I use Smooth 'n Shine Polishing Silk 'n Curl Hair Creme Gel it make the curls really defined and it smells good:yep:...some ppl just leave the condtioner in but i dont do that anymore because it takes too long to dry. HTH

Well it might be at least a volkswagon wreck. :look: Thanks for the product recommendation.

:grin::grin:girl you had me thinking i was coming in here to see a trainwreck. When i first BCed my hair looked like this but a little worse. I think it just takes time for your hair to get in the groove. Now when i wash and go I use Smooth 'n Shine Polishing Silk 'n Curl Hair Creme Gel it make the curls really defined and it smells good:yep:...some ppl just leave the condtioner in but i dont do that anymore because it takes too long to dry. HTH

ETA I couldn't edit my post arrgghhh. Beyond the zone noodle head is good for my hair. I think once you go fully natural it will have a lot more definition to it. But when you have almost six inches of natural hair with very straight relaxed ends its hard to blend and try to make it a style. I think twist outs and braid outs fair better for transitioners than WNG.

ETA I couldn't edit my post arrgghhh. Beyond the zone noodle head is good for my hair. I think once you go fully natural it will have a lot more definition to it. But when you have almost six inches of natural hair with very straight relaxed ends its hard to blend and try to make it a style. I think twist outs and braid outs fair better for transitioners than WNG.

I think you are right. I need to be patient. I'm not cutting those ends off though because I NEED them for ponytails and buns!

Does that mean you just leave the conditioner in your hair? Or do yo spray it on in some way?

I just apply it my hair like I would any other moisturizer or you could apply it using the relaxer method (root to tip), but I don't spray it on my hair. I would try it again. Don't give up!

Last edited:
Back