WARNING!: OCT shampoo has sulfates!

I bought the entire system, which includes shampoo, OCT and creme rinse. I just realized that the shampoo has Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it (one of the bad sulfates)! And it's the 2nd ingredient!!:nono: Now, I'm wondering whether or not to use the shampoo so often (once a week). Today makes 1 wk. of use and I'm due to wash on Saturday. My question is this: Exactly how often should I use the shampoo??? Will cutting back on the shampoo slow my results, since it IS a "system?":perplexed

TIA

I don't think sodium laureth sulfate is a bad one. Sodium lauryl sulfate is the bad one.

I was researching sulfates and came across this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=239941&highlight=sulfates

I'm just reeeeeally concerned about the drought on top of my head!:lachen: The ladies in the other thread said that there are 4 sulfates that are very drying and sodium laureth sulfate was one of them. So, should I not use it once a week or do you think it'll be ok?

I don't think that sodium laureth sulfate is the drying one, that's why so many people here love Cream of Nature Shampoo (con). It has Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it and everybody loves it and thinks it softens their hair.

I don't think that sodium laureth sulfate is the drying one, that's why so many people here love Cream of Nature Shampoo (con). It has Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it and everybody loves it and thinks it softens their hair.

That's true, however, is it the 2nd ingredient or is it lower on the list in the CON shampoo? That would make a HUGE difference. Girl, I'm just scuuurrred!:lachen:

In the old formula, the one that everyone loves, it's one of the top 5 ingredients. Something like #3. So it can't be too bad.

The shampoo over all isn't bad. One ingredient doesn't make or break a product. Go based off of how your hair feels with the system and don't use huge amounts of shampoo. You only need a little to get the job done.

Thanks Denise11 & Gymfreak,

I guess nothing beats a failure but a try!:yep: I guess I will try using the shampoo once weekly, but if it gets to be too much for me, I'll cut back.......Aaaaaaaalll the way back!:lachen:

Then I'll come back up in here and :spank: Ooooooweeee!!!
HHG

I was researching sulfates and came across this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=239941&highlight=sulfates

I'm just reeeeeally concerned about the drought on top of my head!:lachen: The ladies in the other thread said that there are 4 sulfates that are very drying and sodium laureth sulfate was one of them. So, should I not use it once a week or do you think it'll be ok?

I have the set as well. I tend to not like Shampoos with SLS at all- but this one did not dry out my hair.

And I have really dry hair. However, I condition and DC very well, so it may have just been those things combating the ill effects of the shampoo. Used in condition with the conditioner and creme rinse though- my hair was fine.

hth

I have the set as well. I tend to not like Shampoos with SLS at all- but this one did not dry out my hair.

And I have really dry hair. However, I condition and DC very well, so it may have just been those things combating the ill effects of the shampoo. Used in condition with the conditioner and creme rinse though- my hair was fine.

hth

That sounds promising!

This is my favorite shampoo next to Creme of Nature.

You only need a very small amount for great cleansing results and is to be used to prepare the scalp and hair for the benefits of the Cell Therapy.

Thanks for the warning, but it's :mmmchocolate: to me.

This is my favorite shampoo next to Creme of Nature.

You only need a very small amount for great cleansing results and is to be used to prepare the scalp and hair for the benefits of the Cell Therapy.

Thanks for the warning, but it's :mmmchocolate: to me.
WOW...Candy, huh! I hope it'll be that sweet to me, too!:lick: How often do you use the shampoo?

Love the shampoo and the condish. It is expensive but, I am addicted to the system. I have stopped using all of my other shampoos and I use the conditioner as a leave-in. Love them!!!!

I think that shampoo has sodium hydroxide in it. That will defniitely soften the hair.

WOW...Candy, huh! I hope it'll be that sweet to me, too!:lick: How often do you use the shampoo?

I use it once a week when I do my Ovation treatment (poo, CT & CR).
I use about a nickle-size amount - apply, distribute through my hair from root to tip, massage the scalp a little and rinse. Then I apply my CT from root to tip for 1-3 hours under a conditioning cap, then rinse and apply the CR and then do a final rinse..

Love the shampoo and the condish. It is expensive but, I am addicted to the system. I have stopped using all of my other shampoos and I use the conditioner as a leave-in. Love them!!!!

Are you talking about the creme rinse (as a leave-in) or is there an actual conditioner??? If so, how does it make your hair feel? Does it feel coated? (just curious):confused:

I use the shampoo once a week. It has not stripped my hair at all. I use a small amount though. Good luck and I hope you have success with it but I am looking at your siggy and uhm , why you on Ovation :)?

It definitely softens my hair. I love it!!

Are you talking about the creme rinse (as a leave-in) or is there an actual conditioner??? If so, how does it make your hair feel? Does it feel coated? (just curious):confused:

I use the Ovations conditioner as a leave-in when I wear my hair natural and sometimes when I flat iron. It is very light and smells good, no heavy coating. I really like it.

Back