Wanted to say Hey and give a big THANK YOU!!!

feemy

Hey everyone!!! :hiya:

I guess you can say I am a new/not so new member of LHCF. I have been visiting the site for a while now but never became an active member with a subscription. I joined about a year ago and recently became a subscriber. Reading the tips from many of you have really really really helped me understand my hair and take better care of it. I can not remember who gave certain tips, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the site.

Reading Cathy Howse's Ultra black hair growth 2 about 4 years ago (at that time i only wore cornrows with extensions to prevent getting a touch-up) has opened my eyes on properly taking care of black hair and eventually discovering LHCF was the icing on the cake, then my haircare journey began. At this time I was relaxed and converting over to texturizing. And the tips on the forum taught me how to take care of relaxed hair properly. Eventually I read Cathy Howse's Thinning Edges a Chemical reaction and learned some more about taking care of relaxed hair but soon coming to realize my dependency on relaxers was preventing me from seeing the natural beauty in the hair that the Lord has given me. Then I decided no more relaxers and let my natural hair grow, juggling 2 different textures. Then May of last year on one of my days off I decided to do it. I grabbed some scissors and cut off my relaxed hair leaving only my new growth (im still shocked i had the courage to cut my own hair when i never cut hair before). Since going natural I have been trying to take care of my hair according to what Ive read in ultra black hair growth and the tips that all the wonderful women on this forum have taught me, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. Even though I read her book, discovering this forum was amazing, many of you have inspired me to really take better care of my hair and become natural. I have seen soo much beautiful hair on this site, relaxed, natural, and everything in between and it has inspired me. I'm sorry for not becoming an active member sooner. Thank you and God Bless all of you.

:newbie::welcome2: and :clap: for finally joining in and not lurking anymore. Hopefully you find exactly what you are seeking from this board

Back