Want thicker ends!!!

Hi, Ladies-What is an alternative to cutting or taking vitamins in order to thicken ends?? The roots and body of my hair are thick-its just my ends. (As my hair gets longer this always happens)

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

**just wanted to add a visual so you guys can see what i am talking about...

Attachments

• new progress june27th.JPG
    new progress june27th.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I would say keep your ends moisturized and trim. Try wearing protective styles. Other than that I really don't think there is anything more you can really do, unfortunetly that is the deadest part of the hair.

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
Limit the amount of heat you use, and try castor oil some say it's great for thickening the hair.

HTH

Exactly what I was gonna say. Also try a thickening shampoo and conditioner like Jason's Natural shampoo and conditioner. Add the castor oil to your leave in (along with your other products) and make sure to distribute it evenly focusing on your ends.

MissFallon said:
Exactly what I was gonna say. Also try a thickening shampoo and conditioner like Jason's Natural shampoo and conditioner. Add the castor oil to your leave in (along with your other products) and make sure to distribute it evenly focusing on your ends.

Thanks Ladies!! I will revisit applying castor oil to my ends. Where can i purchase jason's natural shampoo and con. I dont remember ever coming across it in BSS?

carribean_dream said:
Thanks Ladies!! I will revisit applying castor oil to my ends. Where can i purchase jason's natural shampoo and con. I dont remember ever coming across it in BSS?

You can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe or GNC

Agreeing with the other ladies on Castor Oil. I added Home Health Castor Oil to some of my favorite conditioners last Fall / Winter---my hair loved it. Also what keeps my ends healthy is Profectiv Healthy Ends.

Devil's advocate here: I don't think you can make them thicker, just appear thicker.

1. wear your hair curly instead of straight
2. continue with buns and no/low heat styles, putting moisturizers and grease/thick conditioner on the ends before bunning.
3. sorry, but you may have to trim little by little :(
4. Vitamins don't really help the ends of your hair, just the root.

And hush, you're hair is already thick. Sheesh!

Im agreeing with Anky, too. And you have to remember that the ends are the oldest ppart of your hair, so I dont think theres anything you can really do.

Back