Want Soft and Smooth Ends? Try the Baggied Roller Method!!

Thank you ladies for all the compliments, and you are all very welcome!

I know how frustrating it can be learning how to baby ends, so I just thought I'd share it with you all since my hair wouldn't be where it is now if it weren't for you wonderful ladies :grouphug:

For those of you inquiring about silk scarves, this is the one I am using in this tutorial:

http://www.tenderheaded.com/solidsilkscarf.html

It doesn't look like this bandanna-looking thing in the above link (as you can tell in the pictures I posted), but this is where I ordered mine from.

Thank you for the tutorial--very nice! :up:

Lately, I've been doing something similar, except with pincurls and a loose scrunchie (never any breakage) holding a ponytail low at the nape. I actually carry these plastic hair caps in my glove compartment and handbag now, placing over my pincurls in the back, mainly to keep my ends smooth when humidity is high. :yep:

BTW, did you mean Sylver2's scarf method? That's what I use when airdrying. :)

Yes :yawn: That's what I meant :spinning: Sorry Sylver2! I'm gonna go amend my OP.

I'm gonna try the pincurl idea when my hair gets longer! I travel with plastic caps too :look: My fam thinks I'm crazy, but in FL weather, you never know when you might need it!

I love the idea about using the plastic caps to prevent humidity! I used to use my scarves, but plastic would be much more effective than cloth.

I saw this in your fotki! When my hair gets a little longer, I'm def. gonna try it:yep:

Would you say you have fine or thick strands?
Please lemme know how it works for you! You definitely see better results over time.

I would say my strands are thick.
Yea that is really nice and ur hair is so pretty afterwards.....I will try once my hair gets pass SL if my pony is long enough. But I also have a tendency to put my pony in the same spots, I will try to change that up so I wont have breakage.. **Running to Google silk scarves b4 class starts**
The good thing about this method is that you don't have to use pony tail holders that can cause damage. If you must use one, then use cut up pantyhose dipped in a little moisturizer or oil. They are much more gentle on the hair.
Ohh thank you for sharing!
I may have to try this...do you sleep with hat roller in?? I know I couldn't do that but I will be using it during the day if I can find some rollers like that!

Thanks again...and your hair is gorgeous!

Uzz
I sure do :yep:. It doesn't bother my sleep at all.
I wonder if this could work for us ladies with shoulder or shorter hair
It sure can! This is the length of my hair when I first starting using this method:

I might have to try this.

I'm not sure if I can get my hair to stay back in a pony like that without a holder.
One thing that this method taught me was when my hair is properly moisturized, it doesn't fall. But if you must use one, use pantyhose.

I used to do this but I forgot about it:spinning: I think I'm gonna have to re-incorporate (is that a word?) into my regimen. Thanks Keisha girl for this thread.

LOL, girl I tried this the night I saw this in your fotki! It's awesome! In fact doing it right now for my ponytail tomorrow, lol.

Okay, I got it to work.

I used 3 satin covered sponge rollers and used a barrette with the balls on the end to put it up.

After I put the rollers in, I took the barrette out.

My hair likes this. I don't really do much manipulation to it. All hand work.

Excellent info...I wonder where OP is? I loved watching her progress

:wave:

Hey I've been around!! I really fell off the hair wagon, and my hair has suffered a bit :ohwell: But I promise I will take some pics and upload it into my fotki ASAP. I miss you guys!!!

Your hair is really beautiful and thick. Are you still using phyto relaxer? If not, what do you use? I love how thick and rich your hair looks.

:wave:

Hey I've been around!! I really fell off the hair wagon, and my hair has suffered a bit :ohwell: But I promise I will take some pics and upload it into my fotki ASAP. I miss you guys!!!

Your hair is really beautiful and thick. Are you still using phyto relaxer? If not, what do you use? I love how thick and rich your hair looks.

Thank you very much. I use Affirm Sensitive Scalp and I touch up my new growth once every 3-4 months. What helped my hair's thickness the most is airdrying. I don't really use any heat on my hair in between touch-ups, unless I am rollersetting at the hair dresser. If I have an engagement to go to, then I let her flat iron and blow it out a little. If not, then She just takes out the rollers and wrap it for me. I never wrap my hair anymore though. I may do it for that one night, and then I'll go back to doing the baggied roller method. This saved my ends and helps me retain all of my growth.

I will be trying this method also. For now I will stick with the satin scarf bc I'm on a no buy for 2 weeks. Once that is up I will get silk scarves. I have everything else.

I tried this last night, thanks OP! My ends are soft and smooth, and I have a nice little bump going on in my ponytail. I will be doing this for the rest of the week :)

Thank you very much. I use Affirm Sensitive Scalp and I touch up my new growth once every 3-4 months. What helped my hair's thickness the most is airdrying. I don't really use any heat on my hair in between touch-ups, unless I am rollersetting at the hair dresser. If I have an engagement to go to, then I let her flat iron and blow it out a little. If not, then She just takes out the rollers and wrap it for me. I never wrap my hair anymore though. I may do it for that one night, and then I'll go back to doing the baggied roller method. This saved my ends and helps me retain all of my growth.

Where have you been missy!? :spank:and why doesn't your fotki have the latest updates :drunk:...I need a fix :look:

Back