Want 1 inch in one Month!?? Try Jo Oil!

CORBINS said:
Hey ladies. I have a small update again concerning my use of Jo Oil. I have attached a picture of the amount of hair loss that I get while using this product. I have flat ironed my natural hair with the Maxiglide. At night, I braid my hair in 5 sections and put rollers on the braids to wear a braid-out the next day. When I flat-ironed in the past, I would get a handful of hair when I combed it out at night. My hair gets tangled really bad if I don't brush it out with a denman daily. Below are some pics. I hope this is encouraging for some.

The first picture is the amount of hair that I lost this evening. The amount that I usually lose is 3 times that!!! The hair ball is actually smaller, the shadow makes it look bigger.
The second is just to show how I braid my hair at night.

Corbin, thanks for the continual updates! :) Please continue to keep us posted. This product sounds intriguing.....

Wildchild453 said:
I'm sry but 2 inches in 2 weeks is not realistic at all AND where are the pics?
That's a red flag to me too. In all the years I've been on hairsites, I have NEVER seen a product that actually delivered that kind of results.

Another turn off to me is the fact that she wants to keep some of the ingredients a secret. I don't eat mystery food, and I don't put mystery products on my hair.

Good luck to whomever is using it. I hope that you all stay safe. ETA: Thank you CORBINS for sharing your experience. I don't mean to discourage the ladies from experimenting and finding products that work for them. I just want everyone to be safe. It's not worth getting sick over a few inches of hair.

Last edited:
I purchased the Jo oil yesterday. I figure "why not"? Most of us put relaxers on our hair to relax it. Those are chemicals. I think I'll put it on my thin spots first because those can't get any worse. Then, if it checks out, I'll put it on the rest of the long hairs.

Last edited:
I ordered the Annaleic oil. It's seem safer than the others, I guess. I just got it today. It smells really good and it's not greasy. I massage some on my scalp, and will be doing so daily. I'll post results in 30 days.

I got my Jo oil in the mail Friday. I smelled it, and it does smell ammonia-like. However, it does remind me of something. When I was eight years old, I had about 80% of my hair damn-near bald. It was so bad that I had to go to a dermatolgists about it. He gave me a solution, and it had the same smell as the Jo oil. Point is, is that the lady may be on to something. Ammonia itself is a weak base on the pH scale anyways ...

Hello Ladies. I have one last update concerning my use of Jo Oil. The product worked really well for me, but since I started to have headaches from using it, I discontinued my use. I wasn't sure if the headaches were from the Jo Oil or from using another medication that I was on and abruptly stopped using. If anyone else has experienced headaches, please share. Anyhoooo, I have attached 2 pictures to show a little of my growth. I have trimmed my hair since the first picture, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Even with the trim, you can still see the growth.

The first picture is 17 months natural, and the second pic is 19.5 months

September 06 - December 06

Attachments

• 17 Month Twisties001.jpg
    17 Month Twisties001.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 82
  • micro twists 11 dec004.jpg
    micro twists 11 dec004.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 85
CORBINS said:
Hello Ladies. I have one last update concerning my use of Jo Oil. The product worked really well for me, but since I started to have headaches from using it, I discontinued my use. I wasn't sure if the headaches were from the Jo Oil or from using another medication that I was on and abruptly stopped using. If anyone else has experienced headaches, please share. Anyhoooo, I have attached 2 pictures to show a little of my growth. I have trimmed my hair since the first picture, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Even with the trim, you can still see the growth.

The first picture is 17 months natural, and the second pic is 19.5 months

September 06 - December 06

Girl you and your hair are so cute, in that first side shot you remind me of Kimberley Elise.

@ LondonDiva: Thanks so much girl! I've never been told that I looked like her, that's a new one for me. My family always tells me that I look like Robin Givens, I hate it!!!

@DLewis: I did see a lot of growth, I'm so upset that I started having headaches, I'm praying that it was the medication though.

I guess I'm a little late on my 30 day update. I had some growth, but not a lot to say that this had anything to do with it. I liked the product though. It softened my new growth and was a great aid in holding my hair is place while bunnin'.

pistachio said:
I got my Jo oil in the mail Friday. I smelled it, and it does smell ammonia-like. However, it does remind me of something. When I was eight years old, I had about 80% of my hair damn-near bald. It was so bad that I had to go to a dermatolgists about it. He gave me a solution, and it had the same smell as the Jo oil. Point is, is that the lady may be on to something. Ammonia itself is a weak base on the pH scale anyways ...

DO you remember the name of the product the Derm gave you?

I prefer natural products although some mixtures can be just as dangerous. But ammonia is the damaging ingredient in hair dye.

Back