Wanna Grow Your Hair??? Eat A Candy Bar!!!!

loverofnaps71

Yeah, that's right! Eat a candy bar. Well...not just ANY candy bar. Try Atkins brand candy bars. Now, before you go EWWWWWW...listen up...

I am on my fourth week of the South Beach Diet, a plan that calls for controlled carbs. Somewhat like Atkins but less restrictive, South Beach principles teach you how to choose foods wisely; that is, how to control carb intake. I've now lost over 8 lbs and feel terrific. To add to my joy, I came across these Atkins candy bars while shopping this morning. Lemme tell you: THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!! That's right--DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
smile.gif
The other marvelous thing about this candy bar (The Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch) is that it contains ALL the nutrients that we take for our hair, including soy protein. [I have one before my strenuous workouts.]

Here are the incredients/nutrition count: (Serving Size: 1 bar)

Calories: 240
Fat/Cal: 110
Total Fat: 12g (18%)
Sat Fat: 6g (30%)
Cholest: <5mg (1%)
Sodium: 180mg (8%)
Potassium: 260 mg (7%)
Total Carb: 21g (7%)
Fiber: 10g (40%)
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 19g

On the wrapper, Atkins says that the bar only counts 2 grams for the 21 grams allowed because you would subtract the fiber content and glycerin, which both have a minimal impact on blood sugar.

Also has considerable amounts of each vitamin (25% A, all B vitamins, C, Biotin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Soy Protein, and Chromium).

NOTICE THAT ALL THESE NUTRIENTS HELP WITH HAIR GROWTH...

Dont PLAY with me!!! It feels like 12 degrees here...but I will drive to Walgreens in my houseshoes to get an Atkins candy bar if neccesary...

Thanks For The Info I will definitely try the candy bar
I have just started back exercising along with my protein
shake this will be great.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Dont PLAY with me!!! It feels like 12 degrees here...but I will drive to Walgreens in my houseshoes to get an Atkins candy bar if neccesary...

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now you got me curious. Ive been doing research on the whole South Beach diet thing cause Ive been hearing so many great things about it. But as for those bars you are talking about, that's a definite CAN DO cause I have a problematic sweet tooth. I might go to wallgreens myself later.

Looks like another case of the Protein effect to me.
The bar has 19 grams of protein and depending on how many you eat each day, you could be get getting a substantial protein boost.

I am actually doing the Atkins Diet but I loved the candy bars and the cookies and cream protein bars. The candy bars are only 96 cents at my local Walmart and they even have a box with 5 of them for $4.86 all the other stores are selling them for $1.50-$2.00 a piece.
shocked.gif
Since I am trying to lose weight I can't eat too many because they do stall weight loss.
frown.gif

I'm doing Atkins myself, so I'm going to have to try these whenever I get out of Induction. And it only counts 2 grams of carbs...?
lick.gif
Sounds good!

It seems as if we could have a discussion group of long hair people on low carb eating plans. See, I have a wedding to go to Labor Day weekend in Houston. My sista and I have made a pledge to be flyy for the occasion. I need 6 more inches of hair and 80 lb weight loss. I need a whole lotta feed back. Holla back.

Yeah, I was trying to relate the bars to hair growth due to protein content and other nutrients that we commonly take. I also posted this thread on the Health and Fitness forum. I'm currently on the South Beach Diet, which is an excellent source of protein and "good" carbs. Protein is terrific for hair growth, as we know...

Back