Wanakee method on transitioning hair??????????????

• Thread starter Thread starter EgyptianSand16
  • Start date Start date
E

EgyptianSand16

according to the wanakee method your hair has to be styled in a bun right????????but what if you are transitioning and half your hair is natural and the other half is relaxed, how does that work for me?
crazy.gif
i really want to try this you guys it seems like the BEST method so far....braids were sent by the devil to wreck havock on my hairline
whip.gif
please HELP ALL SUGGESTIONS will be GREATLY APPRECIATED
look.gif

Are you using the puffs with the two combs on it? I heard those break of your hair at the point where it's placed at
crazy.gif

sassygirl, did you get your fake afro puff online or in a store? I am looking for one.

thanx,
Tracy

The puff I wear most often is a Troika Int'l "Ez-On-N-Go" hairpiece. It has one plastic comb and a drawstring. I put the comb under my ponytail holder--I don't dig through my hair with it.
nono.gif
I bought the last one from my local bss. I liked it so much that I ordered two more online from wowwigs.com. It's called "Cozy". It's very kinky. I have two more--"True" and "Afro Puff" from especiallyyours.com. They are more "tightly curled" than kinky. I think they've been discontinued...

wowwigs_1744_7903546.jpg

Sassygirl how many inches of natural hair do you have? What kind of products do u use to smooth the front? Do you use Adrienne's baggie trick? Do you apply any products to your ends? How often do u wash and condition? I sorry to ask so many questions, i'm just happy to know that someone is in the same boat as me
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I sorry to ask so many questions, i'm just happy to know that someone is in the same boat as me

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, it's been a very expensive trial and error process! I don't measure my hair because I know I'd be measuring every day.
crazy.gif
My last touch-up was in June or July of 2002. Maybe August--I'm not sure... My natural hair is probably ear length when it's dry and all shriveled up. The last time I pressed my hair (about a month ago) it was probably nape length. It's shorter in the spot that broke off from the relaxer. I still have some relaxed hair, but not much. I've been trimming it off myself. I left some so I'd have enough hair for a ponytail after shrinkage.

What kind of products do u use to smooth the front?
When my hair is wet I apply Hairobics Leave-In spray (hairobicsallnatural.com), Carolyn Gray's Healthier Hair in a Bottle (http://blackwomansguide.com/sys-tmpl/healthierhairinabottle1), Empress Moisturizing Retainer (a cheap version of Dudley's PCA) and a mixture of S-Curl Spray and Proclaim Curl Activator Gel. I comb all of that stuff through, apply some Elasta QP Glaze to slick down flyaway edges, flatten my hair down with a detangling brush and I'm good to go. I tie my hair down with a scarf for about 20-30 minutes while I eat and get dressed. It's still pretty wet when I leave the house, but not dripping.

Do you use Adrienne's baggie trick?

LOL I don't have enough hair to put in the baggie. Unless I bought the kind that drug dealers use for crack rocks!
rofl.gif
It's a good idea, though. When my hair is longer I will definitely do this.

Do you apply any products to your ends?

I used to use Blue Magic Coconut Oil. But my ends aren't extra dry anymore. I just use whatever I put on the rest of my hair.

How often do u wash and condition?

I "shampoo" almost every day with conditioner. Usually Pantene Smooth & Sleek. Once a week a use real shampoo so my hair is super clean for my deep conditioning treatment. I've found that applying neutral henna once a month makes my hair a lot easier to manage. Search some of the henna threads on this board.

You didn't ask too mny questions. I want to help someone as much as I've been helped on this board. Good luck!

Back