Wal-Mart, Target, Drug Stores

janeera1

Hey Ladies!!! Okay, I don't know if anyone else ever has this problem, but I know I do. I live a very busy life and often wait until the last minute to purchas hair products. Because of this, lots of time the BSS has CLOSED! So, I'm forced to parade the rows of products in Walmart, etc. looking for an emergency treatment of some kind. So, I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think. What are the BEST products that you can get outside of the BSS??? What do you buy when you have those after hours hair emergencies??? Or do you all just wait until the BSS opens up again?

Shoooo, Walgreens, CVS, and Target all carry supposedly salon exclusive lines. :lol: I've found Joico, Redken, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, CHI and tons of other things right there.

Even if you swing by Wal-Mart, if they happen to have a SmartStyles salon in there, you can find many of the salon brands you need. (Kenra, Sebastian, Joico, Biolage and lots of other goodies). And Nexxus has gone mass retail, so you'll find it right next to Garnier and Creme of Nature on the hair care aisles.

You really can't go wrong. :lol:

Sistaslick said:
Shoooo, Walgreens, CVS, and Target all carry supposedly salon exclusive lines. :lol: I've found Joico, Redken, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, CHI and tons of other things right there.

Even if you swing by Wal-Mart, if they happen to have a SmartStyles salon in there, you can find many of the salon brands you need. (Kenra, Sebastian, Joico, Biolage and lots of other goodies). And Nexxus has gone mass retail, so you'll find it right next to Garnier and Creme of Nature on the hair care aisles.

Yes. There are plenty of good brands to choose from at these stores, including Nexxus.;)

I don't even bother with BSS.

dido: they do sell CHI now at walgreens: down perk to our CSI is that its $22 for a 2oz. :eek: I know: You can always find Care Free Curl Gold or S-Curl anywhere: that would be my ulitmate fix if I had an emergencee.

Sistaslick said:

This is true. Most of my products are bought from Wal-Mart or some other drug store.

ChocalateDiva said:
Walgreens and CVS in my area have a great selection but can be a lil pricey.

So true. A bottle of Garnier Fructis serum is 3.00 at the walmart here and 5.00 at cvs which is right down the street.

I get good stuff at all these places, too. I just got some Nexxus Hydra Sleek con and CHI at Walgreens, some AB Hair Mayo and Profectiv Break Free at WalMart, and my Target had some Garnier stuff on clearance that I decided to avail myself of. Can't pass up a bargain, right? I find myself going to these places more than the BSS now. Now, if they start carrying Aveda, Elucence, Porosity Control, and Indian oils, I would be real good!!!!! :look:

I usually buy my products from CVS or Walgreens just bc they're closer. CVS just started selling my Cantu so I was pumped about that. lol I had been getting my fantasia gel from there for a while. I only go to the BSS if I need hair or something specific I know I can't get anywhere else.

Find out if there is a Ulta nearby. My location is open til 10 pm. It's on the same parking lot with Target and CVS.

Is there a reason you don't just order online? With a little planning I rarely run out before I order or purchase a new bottle at optimal pricing.

mzteaze

Thanks for the tip! I completely forgot about Ulta. Sadly, they close at 6pm around here. I'm washing and rollersetting my hair today and wanted to use it. Everything here seems to close at 6pm. Do you happen to have any ideas or alternative I can do/use for today?

TIA!

mzteaze

Thanks for the tip! I completely forgot about Ulta. Sadly, they close at 6pm around here. I'm washing and rollersetting my hair today and wanted to use it. Everything here seems to close at 6pm. Do you happen to have any ideas or alternative I can do/use for today?

TIA!

Incognitus
What do you need? My first rollerset, I kept it simple with a water in a spritzing bottle and Aveda Straight Infusions. It was ok but my technique sucked.

What do you have on hand?

Can't help you for your rollerset tonight, but for future reference I LOVE the Shea Moisture line they sell at Target.

Back