Wal-mart Hair Care Episode: Feel Free to Share Your Stories!

kblc06

While feeding my PJ crack addition in walmart today. I spotted a women (low faded texturizer) and a beautician giving her hair advice for her two daughters. Yall ....I'm must be insane or really hair crazy because as this "beautician" was recommending PCJ hair cocaine and Dr. Abomination (which often goes by the name Dr. miracle) for those kids already see through hair lines, I squeezed my jar of cantu leave in to my bosom with the fervor of a baptist minister clutching his Bible in hell :lachen:.

I just could not less this miseducation continue and informed her about some better hair care products and some things she could do to help improved her daughters' hairlines; as well as other websites. Now I'm not saying the beautician was completely wrong because she did give moderately good advice about hair care, but it sure as hell wasn't anywhere near LHCF, BHM or NP standards; mind you this beautician's hair was completely tapered in the back with about 2 inches on top with little hair in between
-take that how you will :look:. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how caught I'd become, but I wondered just how many of you ladies have given hair advice to someone in need while out and about :look:?

Last edited:
While feeding my PJ crack addition in walmart today. I spotted a women (low faded texturizer) and a beautician giving her hair advice for her two daughters. Yall ....I'm must be insane or really hair crazy because as this "beautician" was recommending PCJ hair cocaine and Dr. Abomination (which often goes by the name Dr. miracle) for those kids already see through hair lines, I squeezed my jar of cantu leave in to my bosom with the fervor of a baptist minister clutching his Bible in hell :lachen:.

I just could not less this miseducation continue and informed her about some better hair care products and some things she could do to help improved her daughters' hairlines; as well as other websites. Now I'm not saying the beautician was completely wrong because she did give moderately good advice about hair care, but it sure as hell wasn't anywhere near LHCF, BHM or NP standards; mind you this beautician's hair was completely tapered in the back with about 2 inches on top with little hair in between
-take that how you will :look:. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how caught I'd become, but I wondered just how many of you ladies have given hair advice to someone in need while out and about :look:?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bump bump...I know you guys must have some stories. Or maybe I am the only one who would do such a thing :yawn:

You're a fool!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

not i. i have given advice to enough friends and family members to last a lifetime and they all look at me like i'm crazy. meanwhile my hairline (and wallet) has recovered from their bad hair advice...but i digress.

and usually when i am in wal-mart the ones i wanna talk to are on the phone loudly blabbing to a friend about what they are getting and why, and what they can or cant use on their hair. "thats for folks with good hair. i been using this pink lotion for years, girl."

Now I must admit I've been known to offer Skin Care advice to potential clients. :grin:
On occasion I have offered unsolicited strand-saving advice against them damn cheap arse brushes they sell. I swear by 100% boar bristle, and I will break out a magnifying glass to look at the tips of the plastic/blow drying brushes. .

I do if they ask me, look confused or are comparing products. The people that I really want to get to always walk around acting as if they know everything. They like sticky, greasy, clumped hair. They think that braids hanging by a thread is good if there is a ton of gel on the roots and it is great that their hair line starts at the crown of their head because that is why they make wigs and weaves. People like that really don't want help,

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Laughing cuz I've felt the same way! Thank GOD I have had people just flat out ask me, while my indecisive self (should I say something or not) was standing there ready to burst with info I wanted to share with them.

There have been other times tho, that I caught someone eyeing what I was purchasing & I just jumped right into a conversation with them.

Trust me you are not alone on this one!:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Laughing cuz I've felt the same way! Thank GOD I have had people just flat out ask me, while my indecisive self (should I say something or not) was standing there ready to burst with info I wanted to share with them.

There have been other times tho, that I caught someone eyeing what I was purchasing & I just jumped right into a conversation with them.

Trust me you are not alone on this one!:grin:

Thank God :lachen:Even on the 4th of July, I saw this lady in line with her daughter (maybe all of 9 years of age) with a sew-in weave from which the tracks were showing, making it look like her hair had wither snapped off or was in the process of being taken down :spank::cry2:What got my attention was the mother's hair was freshly done and was asking another lady in line about her tree braids while her daughter's head looks like it had been neglected for months :wallbash: I almost asked her do you want me to do your baby's hair/ :ohwell:

I have shared unsolicited advise in th past but I'm a little more cautious now. I have had a coupe of negative reactions but for the most part people are grateful and want to know more

Last edited:
Well I went to the Wal-Mart Salon... (only after my mother raved about it). My regular stylist was in a small accident and couldn't do my hair that day. So check it, I get my hair tangled and conditioned, then she attempts to wrap it and tells me that my almost BSL hair isn't doing too well and that she, (with a weave that tries to hide her nonexistant nape), knows that when hair sheds with the bulb showing, it's not good, and that hair should break in small pieces, rather than having the complete strand come off..

AND WHY IS IS THAT THESE TYPES OF SALONS QUOTE YOU A PRICE IN THE BEGINNING, THEN JACK IT UP AFTER THEY'RE DONE?!?!?:wallbash:

I've never had my hair done so horribly before....

In public, I will share advice if people come up and ask me. Also at work, I am known as the natural hair guru. But I try to focus on the ones who are sincere, and really want help instead of others who are fake and they just want to get into my business or ask stupid questions about my lineage...yeah go figure.

The worst offender I know of is a relative of mine who puts weave in her 2 year old's hair on a weekly basis. I don't think she has given her a sew in yet, but she probably will be doing that in another year or so. All that stress and weight of the added in weave and the tight braids simply can't be good for her young tender scalp. She needs to leave that baby's head alone and give her hair and scalp a chance to heal. She is the type who will put a relaxer in that child's head when she is three or four.

I really feel sorry for them :ohwell:

Back