Waiting for Growth is Torture! Need Ideas Please

Falon

Waiting for your hair to grow is torturous it's worse than watching water boil. Water takes minutes hair takes years!
cry3.gif
Grow hair...grow already! O.K done venting!

My problem is I am 8 weeks post relaxer stretching to at least 10.

I can't stop playing with my new growth. I love the way the roots feel all the little bumps and kinks have me touching it at least 50 times a day. And the temptation to whip out the blowdryer and flat iron it to see if it is longer is fierce! It's time for me to bun it and leave it alone before I do something real dumb.

I already messed up yesterday when my braid out was a flop cuz I had to be somewhere and couldn't wait any longer for it to dry. I ended up using the blow dryer even though I said I wasn't going to use heat. I'm so ashamed.
spank.gif
But it was my son's graduation and I couldn't be late.

I've been looking for the thread that someone had pics of a bun with instructions on how to make one and I need other phony pony tail advice. I have never worn one before and don't know where to start. I am kind of tired of braid outs and using my perm rods. I want to stretch longer than 10 weeks if possible. So guys, please help a sister out.

I have a serious case of HIH. I'm always touching it and messing around and tugging the roots to measure the new growth. I'm pathetic please help!

Search for protective styles on this site. There are at least a couple of good threads with instructions included -- for a bun and other protective styles. I don't know about you, but I am less likely to put my hands in my hair during the day if it is in some sort of up do.

The trick for me was to have other things to do - fun projects in my life and time will just zip by! Believe me, this really works!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
The trick for me was to have other things to do - fun projects in my life and time will just zip by! Believe me, this really works!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, i try not to think about it...i used to worry alot about my hair growing. Im just gonna try to have patience and leave my hair alone as much as possible. Im doing the bun challenge.
smile.gif

I just ended up buying a curly instant weave. I had bought a straighter one a month ago, but I didn't like it much. I had to curl my hair to blend in, and it was longer than I was used to--felt like a dog was sitting on my head! But I just got the curly one yesterday and I love it. With the headband, I don't need to leave any hair out, which is great for a lazy person like me. It's easier to do than my phony bun and it keeps my hands out of my new growth (I keep picking at the same spot).

Perhaps set smaller goals; I just want my hair to even up by the end of summer. And I agree with the advice to keep busy and get your mind on something else. My hair seems to grow when I stop worrying about it growing.

Bump. I found DSD's Fotki and I did my first bun, it came out really good. I added two pictures to my album without the scrunchie so that it can be seen. It holds in place w/o any pins and I like smoothing my hair on top so that I don't have to worry about the texture.

I took the picture after a nap. I can cover it with a scarf I think I will take it down and con wash every 2 days or so.

Thanks Don't Speak Defeat!
smile.gif

Back